Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Mask Leak - Different on my ResMed Airsense 10 vs my DreamStation Go
Question 
Mask Leak - Different on my ResMed Airsense 10 vs my DreamStation Go
I use a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet as my home machine and a DreamStation Go when I travel.  My ResMed shows a lot of mask leak every night, and it's getting worse lately (between 25-35 pretty frequently now).  I looked at the OSCAR date and I seem to be over the leak threshold about 8% of the time according to that.  I used my DreamStation for a few days with the same mask to compare, and it still shows the usual 100% (it has never said anything BUT 100% every time I use it).  I don't know which machine to believe ... my DreamStation didn't come with an SD card so I'm going to run out and get one today and see if I can see the actual data in OSCAR tomorrow for mask leak.  Am I missing some crucial info that would explain why the two machines are reporting such different things?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Mask Leak - Different on my ResMed Airsense 10 vs my DreamStation Go
If I'm explaining it correctly:

Typically ResMed reports leaks as total where it doesn't break down intentional or excessive just a total. As it nears or exceeds 24 L/Min it becomes a leak issue to address. A DreamStation, possibly your Go unit as well, has 2 lines in the OSCAR leak graph, total and unintentional I think is how to describe them. So here you pay attention to the lower chart trace on a DreamStation.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
N30i belong in the trash along with any nasal pillow. Get a F&P Vitera and you'll never look back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2021, 12:43 PM)sandij Wrote: I use a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet as my home machine and a DreamStation Go when I travel.  My ResMed shows a lot of mask leak every night, and it's getting worse lately (between 25-35 pretty frequently now).  I looked at the OSCAR date and I seem to be over the leak threshold about 8% of the time according to that.  I used my DreamStation for a few days with the same mask to compare, and it still shows the usual 100% (it has never said anything BUT 100% every time I use it).  I don't know which machine to believe ... my DreamStation didn't come with an SD card so I'm going to run out and get one today and see if I can see the actual data in OSCAR tomorrow for mask leak.  Am I missing some crucial info that would explain why the two machines are reporting such different things?

As Dave states, there is a difference in how ResMed and Phipps reports leaks.  

This wiki article explains:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Rate_Graph
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization
OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed AirFit™ N30i Nasal Cradle CPAP Mask Trial DaveL 37 766 1 hour ago
Last Post: hegel
  ResMed AirSense 11 SleepyHenry 6 257 Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Last Post: foxfire
  F. & P. Vitera full face mask leak Rgn3 16 288 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  DreamStation to AirSense Migration -- Dialing in the Right Settings bollar 16 434 07-21-2021, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Issue transitioning from Dreamstation BiPap to ResMed 10 VAuto BiLevel Supercharged 17 414 07-20-2021, 09:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed AirSense 11 Release Date? dk2011 16 2,403 07-20-2021, 03:10 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Help transitioning from Dreamstation to Airsense 10 Auo-set PillowTalk 12 308 07-18-2021, 07:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.