Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something?
My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something?
I'm trying to figure out what's going on. I have sporadic results. I think that I've been able to modify my settings to what appears to work best for me. Am I missing something? :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something?
It's hard to tell. The only thing that I really notice is a lot of leaks. It could very well mess with the auto-detection of events.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not the OP but I'm interested. 
I can see in the OP's screen grabs, the leak rate is a positive number, around 20 to 40 or so. What is a typical acceptable target range please?
Post Reply Post Reply
For a ResMed machine, which reports unintentional leaks, an acceptable value is about 20 or less; less is better. At 25 or more the machine may not track events properly.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
To add to Pholynyk's post, the leak chart on a Philips machine shows total leaks and excess leaks. I don't see leaks as a significant issue in any of the three graphs provided. Laroyster is using a pressure range of 10-16 cm auto-CPAP pressure with Flex at 2 or 3. The first graph shows a series of fluctuating respiration rate during a period of relatively high leaks. This appears to be mostly obstructive to me, and I suspect there is some chin-tucking going on that causes flow limitation with a cluster of apnea alternating with recovery breathing. There may be some oral expiration during the apnea, especially at 02:25:45. This cluster is anomalous and causes the highest pressure of the night and an arousal at 02:26:40. Chart 2 shows slightly flow limited inspiratory breathing with free-flow during expiration but is very early in the therapy period and may be before sleep onset. It does look like an early sleep pattern, however the abrupt end to expiration is likely due to the Flex returning pressure ahead of inspiration. The overall night chart shows common Philips therapy artifacts and a satisfactory 2.4 AHI. I tend to ignore the variable breathing in the Philips charts, but it's worth knowing it cancels the Auto CPAP algorithm. I don't see anything alarming or that couldn't be improved with a Resmed Smile

If you're using Flex at 3, reduce it to 2 and avoid extra pillows under your head.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 339 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 224 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 507 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Missing some OSCAR data?/RM AirSense11 TomWii 2 681 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: TomWii
Question [CPAP] Is the Resmed algorithm missing my AHI events? Nathan Graves 2 639 08-10-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Aircurve 10 VAUTO - missing Ti MAX/Min,Trigger, Rise time? sleep2023 9 1,067 06-26-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Myair app missing 1/2 of days sleep period Dchurch 4 737 03-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: SleepyMac

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.