Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Need OSCAR data analysis
Need OSCAR data analysis
Hello everyone, 

M- 31, BMI of 31, have always snored my whole life. Recently got a sleep study - AHI of 57. Was placed on CPAP -> BiPAP. Eventually got my BiPAP AutoSV. I have been using the machine now for approximately 4 months, still hard to tell if it has made a drastic change in my energy - however my wife reports that she doesn't hear me snore at all with the machine on (where as before it would sound like a freight train rolling through the bedroom). 

My main problem in the beginning was keeping the mask on all night (and still is) due to my throat becoming dry. I have remedied that with the humidifier settings, however I am finding I will take the mask off after 4.5 - 5 hours once the pressure has ramped up or the mask starts to irritate my nose. Any suggestions? 

Also I downloaded OSCAR and have been looking at my data (here are a few of my longer nights), was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for altering my pressures/ranges? 

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need OSCAR data analysis
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Which nasal mask are you using? Sounds like the fit may not be quite right. Have you had a chance to try a different mask?

I'm thinking your minimum PS setting should be set to 4, but wait and see what others suggest.

Hang in there, I'm sure someone can advise you further on your bipap settings.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With BiPAP Auto SV set to EPAP min 4.0, EPAP max pressure 25 and PS 2.0 to 20.0 your AHI is low. You have no apnea, either central or obstructive. Your pressure support is staying relatively low for a complex apnea patient, howeve the EPAP pressure is moving around quite a bit. You are experiencing snores and some flow limitation and a bit of hypopnea. To stabilize the therapy, I would consider a higher EPAP min of 5.5 and PS min of 3.0. This will stabilize your airway, reduce snores, flow limits and hypopnea and should look a lot more like the second session in your chart. I don't see leaks as a big problem here as the Philips machines report total leak and chart estimated excess leak which looks a bit high at the 95% of 40 L/min.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, will try out the suggestion for the PsMin / Epap. I have currently have a Resmed N20 nasal mask (Small). I think it fits well, just sometimes after wearing it for 4-5 hours I can feel the irritation on my face and usually have to take it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Other nasal masks I have tried include the ResMed Airfit P10. I have tried a few full face masks with no luck - I just feel too claustrophobic, and I really really prefer the nasal mask. Currently I think I have purchased like 5 masks lol, the best one for me by far has been the N20.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,397 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.