Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Need assistance with CPAP settings, any advice appreciated.
Need assistance with CPAP settings, any advice appreciated.
I've been using CPAPs for 3-4 years at this point, and the AHI hovers usually between 3-7. It's not bad, and it makes me feel a lot better, but I'm not sure how to improve this further. Here are some sample images from OSCAR. I was diagnosted with mild sleep apnea, AHI of around 15-20. My settings:

Mode
AutoCPAP
Pressure Min
10.00 cmH2O
Pressure Max
13.00 cmH2O
Auto Off
Off
Auto On
On
Flex Level

Flex Mode
A-Flex
Hose Diam.
15mm
Humid. Level

Humid. Mode
Adaptive (System One)
Humidifier
Connected
Mask Resist.
Off
Ramp Pressure
Off
Ramp Time
15.00 Minutes
Ramp Type
Ramp+
Show AHI
On

As a side issue, I am unable to sleep on my side/stomach while using the CPAP due to an issue where my stomach fills with air and makes me very gassy and bloated. I'm aware of aerophagia, but this seems to be a different issue as it happens while I am awake and I am not swallowing air. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need assistance with CPAP settings, any advice appreciated.
Obstructive apnea is mainly positional as evidenced by apnea very close together and clustered. If you can avoid chin-tucking, you might get good results with lower pressure and avoid aerophagia. Read our wiki. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea Other useful information is hidden by that calendar taking up the statistics and settings space.

Please be sure to minimize the monthly calendar on charts to make more important information show. I don't know if your Dreamstation 2 is repaired or recalled, but for better results and therapy comfort get a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick reply, hid the calendar for these 2 images to show the stats. I will try to see if I can fix the chin tuck, I definitely think that may be a contributor.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to using a soft cervical collar or similar head/neck stabilization, you are using A-Flex at setting 3. Drop that back to 2 and it may help with the synchronization of the Dreamstation with your respiration. The reformatted charts really help. With this much obstruction, you should also raise pressure to 11.0 minimum 14.0 maximum. Really focus in on the positional apnea and we may be able to reduce pressure a bit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again, will make those changes and work on the chin tuck, which is almost certainly an issue I have.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 0 18 56 minutes ago
Last Post: Vyce
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 5 67 1 hour ago
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Still fatigued with CPAP - looking for advice Zallomallo 7 163 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Updated CPAP settings , feedback required please xirokx 25 410 08-30-2024, 06:10 AM
Last Post: xirokx
  Newbie to OSCAR, advice appreciated cousinscc 3 120 08-25-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: cousinscc
  Franko39 - Therapy Assistance Franko39 51 1,971 08-23-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance NoCaffAfter4 39 901 08-14-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.