Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Need help with CPAP
Need help with CPAP
Hello, 

I hope everyone is well, I was wondering if someone could help me.

Last year I went to my doctor and told him I don’t feel rested when I get up in the morning and get daytime sleepiness, he suggested getting a sleep study done because I also have high blood pressure. 

So I had a sleep study last June and was diagnosed with sleep apnea with an AHI of 88.5 and my lowest oxygen desaturation was 85%. I was prescribed APAP with a pressure range of 7-15. I received an ResMed AirSense 11 and F&P Evora Full face mask. I have adapted to it and wear if every night, only once did I take it off in the middle of the night. 

Well, it’s been about 8 months and while the machine is reporting my events usually sit at around 0.5 to 1.5 I still feel the same morning issue and daytime sleepiness, especially between noon – 2 pm. 

I have read things here and, on the CPAP and sleep apnea subreddits and discovered that there is a range of results, from nothing to completely different when on CPAP. 

I was hoping that there was something noticeable that makes this all worthwhile but alas I have nothing other than having to wear a mask every night. 

I do realize that it is probably helping me in ways I can’t see but I just wish there was something more. That is where this post comes in. I recently saw my sleep doctor and as expected since my AHI is down then CPAP is working and there must be some other factor at play. 

I also know from reading things that sometimes a tweak of pressures or another adjustment can also make a world of difference. 

I have had an SD card in my machine from day 1 and have imported them into Oscar on a weekly basis. 

I cannot make heads or tails of what I am looking at so I am asking for help from you fine people on what I could possibly do. 

I am not sure what I should attach file wise, so I added the last two nights and if you need anything else let me know and I will add it. 

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with CPAP
I have a list of chart we like to see listed in my signature. One of those is flow limits.  To get the charts a little smaller you can use you mouse to click on the bottom line of the chat, hold down the button and drag it up making the chart smaller. 

Anyway I can see from your pressure chart that you have flow limits that are causing pressure rise. To help FL is using EPR. you have your EPR set to 2. Raise it to 3 and let’s see if that helps. 

Try resizing the charts and post with EPR 3
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey,

Thanks for your reply, I have moved Oscar to my second monitor which is larger and shows Flow limits. I have attached the latest one with that chart. 

I will change my EPR to 3 for tonight. Should I post tomorrow or should I wait a few days and post that one?

Thanks,
Mike

Edit: Forgot to attach the file, lol

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey

Sorry for the slow update, been a busy week.

So I've upped my EPR to 3 and I believe I fixed the screenshots to the suggested views. Here is the last 2 nights.

I don't feel any different but I'm not sure if that will come in time or if the reports still show something.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your snoring seems to be up could sleeping on your back be causing your sleep form getting into deeper restorative sleep?  Your number of events are ok but maybe sleep position could help.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I try to sleep on my side. But do end up on my back at times.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.