Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New APAP user, help with numbers and settings
New APAP user, help with numbers and settings
I'm looking for some help with numbers and to determine if I have the right settings or if I should adjust something to get the full benefits.

Some background information:
I've been using APAP Resmed 10 Auto since around June 16, 2021, now and I'm still tired most of the time, but have noticed my excessive daytime sleepiness has gone down and I'm no longer yawning 90% of the time. My diagnosis was for mild apnea with an indication from RERA scoring for UARS or Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome most likely due to my nasal congestion. I haven't gotten surgery to reduce my turbinates yet and trying not to do that for now. I was using a nasal pillow at first and felt like it performed the best when I was wearing a collar brace from Releaf, but I am a mouth breather due to having nasal congestion the majority of my life. The nasal pillow was the P30i, but I've switched to the F30i full face mask. I do get air leakage sometimes depending on how I'm sleeping as I roll around a lot. I feel like I'm still going through the break-in period a bit, but I'm no longer constantly waking up with the mask completely off.

I've uploaded the images to Imgur here: https://imgur.com/a/vCv6d6A

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New APAP user, help with numbers and settings
Welcome to the forum. Your data look great. I see no need for any adjustments. Your leak rate doesn't look too bad. It will take a while to adjust to having a mask attached to your face but if you are like me you will reach a point where you won't feel right without it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2021, 08:42 PM)Melman Wrote: Welcome to the forum. Your data look great. I see no need for any adjustments. Your leak rate doesn't look too bad. It will take a while to adjust to having a mask attached to your face but if you are like me you will reach a point where you won't feel right without it.

Would it be worthwhile to get an oximeter like MightySat™ Fingertip Pulse Oximeter in order to view my oxygen saturation? During my HSAT I dipped to around 78% combined with RERA scoring > 5 with AHI < 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know almost nothing about 0ximeters but I'm sure someone with the right experience will respond.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I own this one. Works for me but I bought it for under 100 6 months ago. There are several that would work but the one you mentioned would not be my first choice. 

Contec CMS50F Wrist-worn Pulse Oximeter with Software and Download Cable

On Amazon for 129
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
When making a screenshot use the F12 button and download it on the bottom of the post (attachment). It is sized correctly and everyone can see it. 

I tried to see your charts and was unable to - very blurry and unreadable on my screen.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2021, 09:47 PM)staceyburke Wrote: When making a screenshot use the F12 button and download it on the bottom of the post (attachment). It is sized correctly and everyone can see it. 

I tried to see your charts and was unable to - very blurry and unreadable on my screen.

Here are 3 of the charts attached to the post. Maxed out on the attachments.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I would get a pulse oximeter like that Contec CMS50F. I have one myself. OSCAR can import the data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only events are centrals. I would lower EPR to 1 or 0. That should help with centrals. However, IF you are FEELING good that is much much more important. Leave it where it is if you GEEL good. 

On the O2 - I need oxygen 24/7. My pulmonary Dr  said 88 was ok but if it went below it for any length of time (not just a spike) I would be O2. So here I am. 

I don’t know if I can answer all your questions on it but if you have simple questions I would be happy to answer them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just finished up the first night with the oximeter and it seems the lowest point was 90%, but not sustained. During the HST it dropped down to around 78%.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 112 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 362 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 554 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.