Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New Airsense 10 Autoset
New Airsense 10 Autoset
Hello,

I'm getting a new Airsense 10 Autoset machine today. Had a Resmed S7 for 15 years until it broke last week.
I'm going to my new sleep doctor tomorrow and afraid they will want to do a new sleep study; last was summer 2015.
I still have a copy of it. I would like the doctor to use it for setting the pressure on the new machine. I get the impression that is frowned on for the user to get in the clinician menu. I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with the doctor, but don't want to go through another sleep study. it was horrible as far as getting any sleep. It appears that the reports and OSCAR would do just as well. I don't have any conditions that didn't have 15 years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Airsense 10 Autoset
Think of your doctor as a consultant who spends a minimal amount of time with you -- and often does not concern themselves with the details they shunt to their staff or the respiratory techs at the DME. Who cares what they think. Ask for what you want. And, set your machine up as you wish -- within prudent guidelines.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that was my thought but was willing to be convinced otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just set it to min=7. Epr=3. Max= 20.  Download OSCAR and put the 1st night on this site and get feedback   NO NEED for the Dr to get going.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for setting suggestion!
Post Reply Post Reply
Many here have done far better with self-management, as the Drs & RT folk are mostly only interested in how long you use the machine on average, as this is about the only stat of interest to the insurance companies.  Just make sure you have an SD card (any capacity between 2 and 32GB), make sure to have it in the machine and unlocked while sleeping.  Then download and install OSCAR, import some data, post some charts, and folk here will help you optimize.  

One other thing:  the Airsense 10 communicates to Resmed via cellular modem, and the DME people can change settings remotely.  Make sure they are NOT authorized to adjust your settings.  Technically, they can only do this based on a changed prescription, but some have posted here that the DME had erased  settings the user had made, and returned the unit to Rx settings.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for letting me know that the DMEs can change settings remotely. I got my machine from one of the vendors on the list; so hopefully, that won't happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, and I've messed around with my machine settings from time to time. I've never had any remote settings done as far as I can tell.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was suggested above you set the minimum pressure to 7.0 and the maximum to 20. Don't forget your machine provides exhale pressure relief (EPR) which allows it to provide bilevel pressure with up to 3 cm lower exhale pressure than inhale. The EPR should be turned on, full time and you will need to spend some time just trying the machine with EPR settings of 1, 2 or 3 to see what feels best to you. Take that time, and be sure to use EPR. It will improve your therapy.

The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is a very responsive machine and for most people, quickly adjusts to an effective therapy pressure. After you have used the machine and posted some data (see signature links on Organizing your Oscar Chats and Attaching Files), we can help you to optimize the range of pressure. There should be no reason to do a clinical study or titration with the data this machine provides.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 421 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 111 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 618 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 656 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.