Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New User and need help!
New User and need help!
I have been using my ResMed C-pap for 3 weeks.  It has been getting better, but I am still having some issues.  If anyone can answer my questions below, I would greatly appreciate it.  

1. My range is between 4-20.  How do I find out what setting I am actually using?

2. I can not find the sleepyhead app on my phone.  The only one there is for the watch pro. Is it under a different name?

3. The air I swallow is uncomfortable in the am.  I am bloated and full of gas for about 25 minutes.   One day this week I had a hard time walking because of the bloat.

4. I have a full face mask.  I am a mouth breather.  But, hate the feeling of claustrophobia and wake many times in the night to move it to get relief.  I would like to switch to just a nasal mask, but don’t know if that will work for me.  Anyone have any experience with this?

5. How does one clean the tube to ensure there is no water in it?  I’m afraid of mold and want to ensure I’m doing it right.

Thanks for the help!!!
Tired Mommy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User and need help!
(01-24-2019, 06:32 AM)Tired Mommy Wrote: I have been using my ResMed C-pap for 3 weeks.  It has been getting better, but I am still having some issues.  If anyone can answer my questions below, I would greatly appreciate it.  

1. My range is between 4-20.  How do I find out what setting I am actually using?
By downloading and using Sleepyhead see my signature for how to.

2. I can not find the sleepyhead app on my phone.  The only one there is for the watch pro. Is it under a different name?
Sleepyhead is not available on a phone or tablet, only from a computer.

3. The air I swallow is uncomfortable in the am.  I am bloated and full of gas for about 25 minutes.   One day this week I had a hard time walking because of the bloat.
We need to see your nightly Sleepyhead Charts to make a specific suggestion, generally this is solved by lowering your pressure at least temporarily.  You could call your doctor and ask them to do it.

4. I have a full face mask.  I am a mouth breather.  But, hate the feeling of claustrophobia and wake many times in the night to move it to get relief.  I would like to switch to just a nasal mask, but don’t know if that will work for me.  Anyone have any experience with this?
Yes, there are several ways to manage mouth breathing with nasal or pillow masks.  I use ResMed P10 Pillow mask (ask for the fit kit as it has multiple sizes of pillows in it). It is the lightest, least intrusive and quietest of all masks.  To solve my bad mouth breathing I taped my lips with a medical grade tape (any will work) to seal my lips.

5. How does one clean the tube to ensure there is no water in it?  I’m afraid of mold and want to ensure I’m doing it right.
Hang and drain the tube after rinsing, hung over your towel holder will work

Thanks for the help!!!
Tired Mommy
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I do highly recommend downloading Sleepyhead and then posting your nightly charts.
That will let us see what is going on down to a breath by breath level if necessary and either provide guidance for your chats with your medical team or make the changes yourself (many of us do that) but it is your choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I only have a phone and tablet. Perhaps, this will be my incentive to get a computer soon.

I’ve got an appointment next week and I will take in the sd car. Hopefully, it recorded everything.

Thanks,
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,157 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.