Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling to use CPAP, requesting titration help
Sad 
Struggling to use CPAP, requesting titration help
Hello,
I was diagnosed with OSA in 2014 and received a Resmed S9 autoset and a mirage quattro mask.   I used the machine once, couldn't stand it and put it away

Fast forward, I have had septoplasty and turbinate reduction in 2019 and had been using a dental appliance.   

This year it seems the appliance wasn't cutting it so I went back to my doctor and had an in home study done and that showed AHI of up to 20.

I pulled my CPAP machine out of the closet and attempted to use it a couple nights.  Most nights I couldn't stand it for more than an hour, but I did get one night of almost 5 hours.   Attached are the results.

My main problems with CPAP are that I feel like I am suffocating and also I swallow tons of air and end up bloated/gassy/diarrhea in the morning.  

Here's my chart, hopefully I have this formatted correctly

Thank you very much

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Struggling to use CPAP, requesting titration help
Hi pmc123! - Welcome

I would try reducing your pressure to 10 and turn off the EPR. This will give you the EPAP pressure to avoid OAs and Hypopneas, while reducing the CAs and hopefully, the bloated feeling.

Instead of zooming in on the sleep session, you can deselect the 1-minute session at 11:36 in the lower left of the screen. The graphs will readjust to just the active sessions.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will try that.   Here's the deselected chart

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried 11.   Was able to keep the mask on basically the entire time I was asleep now for the first time.  

Still some air swallowing, not nearly as bad but not great.  

Post Reply Post Reply
First, how do you feel? You may wish to let this ride for a few days to see if and when your body accepts the pressure. You can try dropping the pressure down to 10 cm, but expect your hypopneas and OAs to increase. If you are not, sleep on one of your sides as much as possible. Avoid your back as much as you can.

Keep us informed!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 19 650 8 hours ago
Last Post: ewriter
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 21 748 Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,185 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 119 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 187 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 130 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [CPAP] Struggling with settings touwmus 0 125 04-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: touwmus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.