Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Variations in AHI with same pressure?
Question 
Variations in AHI with same pressure?
I have noticed that with my usual settings my AHI follows no logical pattern. Most nights it is < 1.0 with good quality sleep, but some nights it can jump to 3.0 or above and sleep quality is bad. It may continue for a few nights or longer, then goes back to the typical for a period of time, sometimes days or weeks. Wash, rinse, repeat…

Not a specific question about my treatment as I’ve used the same settings for quite a while. More of a general query to the hive mind if others have experienced something similar. I don’t mess with my settings, just leave it be and wait for things to settle down, but I’m wondering if I should consider changing things up and trying a different setting.

I expect every night is different as micro changes can have a big impact. A bit more nasal congestion, being over-tired, eating too late, etc. Just wanted to get opinions from those more experienced.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Variations in AHI with same pressure?
It's normal to see variations in AHI from night to night, even using the same settings.

What's more important is the breakdown of that AHI number, how you slept and how you feel the next day.  

If you think a change in your settings need to be made, post an OSCAR chart.  
We may be able to help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Variations in AHI with same pressure?
Thanks! Just looking for validation that fairly wide swings are typical. I’ve always had a night or two that is wonky, but have had a few recently that lasted a week or two, then went back to normal. Appreciate the common sense response.

I have no major complaints about how my therapy is working. I’ve learned a lot here over the past 3 years just reading this forum and it has helped me dial things in to a level that gives me a good nights rest. If I do run into something that has not already been covered I will not hesitate to ask for help.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,066 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,003 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 673 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,595 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Variations across machines - ResMed 10 specifically sleeprn 7 888 06-30-2021, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,460 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,407 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.