Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to all this, trying to make sense and better my treatment
RE: New to all this, trying to make sense and better my treatment
See my post above yours. We may have been posting at the same time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh ok I might have missed that response. I will give the 8.4-8.4 a try tonight.

So with the static pressure just curious but are all Hypopneas the same or like would one Hypopnea be prevented or stopped by 8pressure where as the next one could be stopped or treated by 9? I may have a complete misunderstanding of how this all works.
Post Reply Post Reply
That clump of hypopnea looked positional in which more pressure usually doesn't help.
The use of EPR (Pressure Support in a BiLevel) helps with FL and hypopnea, but you are already using the max EPR setting. That is why we are raising pressure slowly to see what it takes to bring the FL down. There's no way to know except to try.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! Thanks for your patience with me as I work through all this!
Post Reply Post Reply
It is best to dwell on the same setting for a few nights before changing as there can be significant day to day variations at the same settings. The hypopnea can be obstructive or central and there is no way for the machine to differentiate. When apnea or hypopnea are clustered together they are likely positional or wakefulness (sleep/wake junk) and would likely be accompanied by large variations in the inspiration time (this would appear as spikes on Insp. time chart). In my case the flow limit data, including chart show up in both APAP an CPAP mode but this may vary for different versions of the A10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Posting my results from last night, I don't know if this is a good indicator of this pressure setting however as you see I had numerous problems last night, I went back into AFIB last night around 830 so I had a rough night sleeping.

Suggest trying another night at the 8.4-8.4 or switching it again?

Once we settle on a good pressure is the plan to leave it at that pressure or just make that pressure the "max" or "min" setting on the auto setting?

thanks again to everyone who is offering suggestions, can't wait to be all dialed in!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know much about AFIB, but can we assume you are under a cardiologist's care?

Yes, it appears your night wasn't exactly restful.  I don't think raising your pressure right now would be of any benefit, so hold steady with where you're at for now.  

I'm looking at your chart between 2:30 and 4:30.  This is positional apnea.  This is also where most of the Flow Limitation occurred.  

Can I ask how you sleep... back or side?  Also, what kind of pillow do you use?  
If you're on your back with a tall or high pillow, that can cause your head to tilt forward... thus cutting of your air.  This can happen on your side too.  It's best to use a pillow that isn't too tall or fluffy.  It should be thinner, but firm enough to support your head and neck.  Try to be aware of this.

I would hold steady with your current pressure setting for now.

You could however try EPR 2 instead of 3. My reasoning is that your EPAP would then fall around 6 instead of 5. Raising EPAP may help with some of the apnea.

To save you some time when you repost, just post 1 chart. We only need to see the following graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure and Flow Limitation and Leaks. If we need to see more, then we'll ask. When taking your Screenshot, select the Standard View. That should put everything in order.

In time, try to wean off the ramp. I don't think it's doing you any favors. If you are unable, then start the ramp at 6.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have an old Tempuerpedic neck pillow and I kind of go in and out of sleeping on my back and my right side, but I'd say mostly back. I know I started on my back and this morning woke up on my right side.

Yes I am seeing a Cardiologist as it's a very recent diagnosis and OSA (untreated) is a very common cause of it.

So I understand you suggest the following changes.

EPR =2
Start ramp at 6 or remove the ramp all together?
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct. Keep pressure Min and max the same.
EPR 2

Ramp - try to eliminate it, or set it at 6 for 10 to 15 minutes.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thankfully I am using a tablet and was able to get all the graphs you asked for by turning the screen sideways Smile

I used all the settings you suggested (EPR 2,  and turned off ramp) open to more suggestions.

Thanks again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 148 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 127 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,091 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 642 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] TiredFGO - Treatment Thread TiredFGO 1 130 03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 148 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.