Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to treatment: AHI Worsening
RE: New to treatment: AHI Worsening
This doctor seems far better than my previous. He recommended some CBT approaches for my insomnia and reducing my max pressure to 5 or so on APAP for a week, and if no benefit titrate ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the APAP at a pressure setting of 4-5 last night rather than 4-14. I've attached a screenshot from OSCAR. The numbers look MUCH better. Can someone tell me what they think about this? Thank you very much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That's pretty good by the numbers for what you're working on. How did you feel?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I generally feel immensely agitated and I feel quite peaceful today. However I do not feel exasperational. I'm fairly tired and my cognition isn't as I'd like it to be...attention issues, a little slow, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I copy. Unfortunate but we don't just snap back to an all's well status even when we get data from a night like you posted there. See how things go another session. I'm not seeing any area to edit if you didn't notice anything unusual with the settings beside the obvious chronic tiredness.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understandable--thanks Dave. I'll post again in most likely a week or two
Post Reply Post Reply
You can check in whenever you want, waiting for a week is not required. After a few days of usage, there should be a trend that can be spotted indicating how things are going. Obvious, you stating how you're doing will be helpful as well. Best wishes on success arriving ASAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
From reducing the pressure, my AHI has gone down to 2-10. However I feel no different and still quite miserable. My doctor recommended to me another in-lab sleep test in which I may be tested on ASV. He also wants to test for other things such as hypersomnia. Any thoughts?

Keep in mind my APAP does not register as being on more than 4 hours each night. I usually get 2. I'm going to put a chin-strap on to see if that makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 48 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 119 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 196 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,008 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 581 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.