Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New user.
New user.
[attachment=9846][attachment=9847][attachment=9848][attachment=9849][attachment=9850]
Hello everyone.
I introduce myself as a new ResMed 10 user.
As I live in France, you will forgive my English (google)
I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea 31 / h and a CPAP Resmed 10 machine that I have been using for about 2 months.
Like many, I had a lot of difficulty adapting especially for masks.
I have successively tried the nasal mask, then the nasal mask and for fifteen days an F & P facial mask. It is this one that I prefer because it flees very little.
Me who thought to have a good sleep, since the use of the machine, I have the impression to wake up several times a night with consequent non restorative sleep.
I am very interested in the forum There is a lot of information and advice especially the study of personal graphics by members probably as competent as my provider who visits me every month but without reviewing with me my results .
So here are some of my SleepyHead pictures
I would appreciate any help provided.

Jackie
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user.
Welcome to the forum. Although Jan 12 was a bad night the numbers for Jan 15 and from your statistics page indicate that your therapy is effective in that your AHI is usually under 5. There is room for improvement but I believe the significant issue is that most of your apneas are centrals. I will make no recommendations as others in the forum are more expert in dealing with treating central apneas. Hopefully they will provide helpful advice.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Therapy looks pretty good, and the central events normally go away after a short period of adapting to the CPAP. You are using your Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in single pressure mode at 8.0 cm with no exhale pressure relief (EPR). Everything looks pretty normal. Chart organization should conform to the information in Organizing your Sleepyhead chart here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

I think it's fine to get a baseline of data at this fixed pressure setting, but eventually you may prefer to put your machine in Autoset mode and use a range of pressure (6-10) with some EPR for comfort (start with 1 and see how you like it). It's more important to get a sense of feeling good on the therapy, then measure success by whether any changes feel better or worse. The numbers (AHI) give us a clue on effectiveness, but it's important to pay attention to how you're feeling.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your responsiveness and your advice.
For the moment I will stay in fixed pressure because here in France we do not have access to the CPAP, it is the doctor and the provider who decides. We must not change the settings in place
I did not even mention using SleepyHead!
So I can not check the RPE (Expiration Plus Relax EPR) function in French nor raise the pressure range to 10, but I will talk to my provider next time.
Indeed at the beginning my treatment was: APAP mode Min 5 Max 15 and I do not know why it was switched to fixed PPC mode 8
I had actually noted my central apnea rate, I do not see what they consist of and how we can fix it.
I'm looking at the Organize Charts section for next time.
Thanks again.
Jackie
Post Reply Post Reply
Well here in the U.S. many of us have decided that no one is as interested in our good results as ourselves. The Apnea Board forum and website is all about empowering you to manage and control your own therapy and discuss issues with your doctor. We categorically reject that "we must not change the settings in place", mostly because if we don't do that, no one else will. In your case, results look good and I see no compelling reason to make changes, however I know that we can reduce your Hypopnea by at least 50% by using the EPR function, even though your doctor will never do so because your results are "good enough". If you ever change your mind and feel a little rebellious, something the French are known for, then take a quick look here and you can be part of "the resistance" https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Oui, je suis d'accord avec vous car
je vois beaucoup de variations au jour le jour sur mon AHI, en particulier l'apnée centrale, qui passe de 0,75 à 2,47, m'inquiétant un peu?
Les interventions de mon technicien sont avares en informations détaillées. Il se contente de me trouver un masque confortable sans vérifier avec moi les données numériques.
Mais comme je suis en début de traitement, je n’ose pas intervenir directement en mode clinicien.
On me conseille de passer aux modes REP et auto-CPAP, car je vais bientôt voir mon technicien, je demanderai des informations sur ces modes, puis j'attendrai ma visite chez mon médecin qui devra me refaire un enregistrement polygraphique avec masque et tuyau pour vérifier mon état. après 3 mois de traitement.
En fonction des résultats, je lui demanderai d’approfondir les anomalies avec les nombreuses possibilités de cette machine.
cordialement
Jackie
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for my post in French

Yes, I agree with you on
I see a lot of day-to-day variations on my AHI, especially central apnea, which goes from 0.75 to 2.47, worrying me a bit?
The interventions of my technician are stingy in detailed information. He only takes care of finding me a comfortable mask without checking with me the digital data.
But since I am in the beginning of treatment, I do not dare to intervene directly in clinician mode.
I am advised to switch to REP and auto-CPAP, as I see my technician soon I will ask about these modes, then I will wait for my visit to my doctor who must redo me a polygraphic recording with mask and pipe to check my condition after 3 months of treatment.
Depending on the results, I will ask him to deepen the anomalies with the many possibilities of this machine.
cordially
Jackie
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem, I see Google translate has gotten pretty good. I think you will find your technician will tell you how you are doing very good, and will continue to discourage you from making changes. Sometimes they will even tell you it is illegal. Similar to your technician, I also concluded you are doing well at current settings and there is no compelling reason to change anything. However, I know we can improve your comfort and probably reduce the hypopnea events. When you are ready to try that, it's your call. You have a good set of equipment and a good attitude towards your therapy. I have no doubts you will continue to do well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with SR here. Your CA events are nothing to worry about. Watch them yes, worry no. On a CPAP, or an Auto-CPAP such as your the CA events will be consistently inconsistent, that is they will vary and be all over the place. They are not where we would do anything about them which means the your doctor definately would not do anything about them.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your contributions ... I will return post after my examination of polygraphy ventilatory to give the results.
Jackie
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,156 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.