Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie on auto CPAP
RE: Newbie on auto CPAP
(07-29-2019, 07:32 AM)User1211 Wrote:
(07-28-2019, 09:06 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I

One thing I would do is up the EPR to 3, as that will help with the Hypopneas.  

Also, you may do better to set your minimum pressure closer to your median pressure (or around 2cm lower than your 95% reading), so around 13min.  Leave the max pressure at 20.

Finally, if you need to use ramp, move it closer to the minimum pressure.  Try starting ramp at 10.  Also, set it for a lesser time.  45 minutes is fairly long.
In time, you probably could do without ramp.  

This is all trial and error to get where you need to be, but it looks like you’ve done some research.
Try these adjustments and see how you feel with it.

Thanks Opal Rose, i think the changes was too drastic for me. I changed ramp time to 10 mins with starting pressure of 10. Min set to 13 and max set at 20.

I struggled to fall asleep for more than 1 hour and even the sleep quality was so poor that I woke up a few times across the night. I finally gave up at 4 plus in the morning. I also struggled with mask adjustments as it seemed that I have gone the other way where it might be too loose as leaks occurred quite easily...sigh

I might try to dial up the ramp to 30 mins and set starting pressure at 8 tonight, min at 11 and see how it goes.

Also the soft cervical has arrived so let's see if that helps.

Comfort first! If you are more comfortable with a longer ramp time, then definitely change it.
Also try the lower minimum pressure of 11cm and take it slower. I think you will settle around 12 or 13 over time.

Also, having a mask that is not fitting properly and causing leaks will also disrupt sleep, so taking it slower until you can resolve your mask issues makes sense.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 243 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 126 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 208 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 189 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 510 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 211 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 306 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.