Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Noise in the ears
Noise in the ears
I am new to using the CPAP machine. Last night I wake up from a hissing noise. It looks the mask had a leak. I adjusted it and fall asleep. In the morning I had noise in my ears and the whole day now. I feel like I was 3 hours on a pop concert with very loud music. I am hearing with difficulties and in one of my ears, I hear the echo from everything I hear.

Have you ever experienced similar symptoms?

I was wondering can this be caused by the mask leak or the elevated air pressure to the middle ear due to the constant positive air pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noise in the ears
If your eustachian tubes are clear and large enough, you could get some air being forced through them and into the ears.  I don't know how common this is, but.....it's possible.

Earwax can cause noises if it is hardened and impinges on the tympanic membrane.  Tinnitus gets a lot of us after about 50.
Post Reply Post Reply
high pressure affects my ears (and digestive system). without oscar charts for context it's difficult to be specific but you might try reducing your max pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks, it was a result of the whistle sound from the mask. After 3 days the hearing was fully recovered.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,279 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 146 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 345 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.