Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Oscar data help bipap
Oscar data help bipap
Hi Everyone,

I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and was put on CPAP machine. Even on cpap for a year and with events less than 5 (range always 3-5) I was not feeling much better just slightly so. I did a sleep study (Titration) and was given a BiPap (ST) (Resmed aircurve 10 ST) no idea why not (ASV) with suggested settings 19/14 it was impossible for me to even sleep. I modified it to 10/5 and here are the results

My question, although machine says apnea is 0.5 and i generally feel i slept slightly better than CPAP (maybe?) why do i still feel something is wrong like this is not what resting is like. Also surprised no snoring on charts and dry mouth even with humidity 81 on machine is that expected? I am a mouth breather or so i was told so maybe i opened my mouth one or 2 times and maybe this is what makes the data inaccurate?

Generally looking for guidance on what to do to improve my sleep quality

Appreciate it everyone

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar data help bipap
None of your charts show flow limits. Many people who have a low apnea number have high flow limits. You may not but check that chart.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar data help bipap
I made mention of ASV accidentally. It should be VAuto as you've not shown Central Apnea/CA tendencies. ST is still the incorrect machine, and VAuto is the correct one for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.