Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Overlays not showing in OSCAR
CPAP Overlays not showing in OSCAR
OSCAR user for 3 months. The CPAP overlays are only showing on the flow rate chart, even though I have checked them to show on the other charts.  Also, the vertical cursor line is no longer showing. These were all working when I started using the software.  I've looked for settings that deal with these items, but haven't found any.  Any ideas?

...Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Overlays not showing in OSCAR
Anyone able to advise/help?
Post Reply Post Reply
Joe,

Can you verify which version of OSCAR you are using?

Usually each graph is independent. If you right click on the graph name (ie: Flow Rate) the context menu should pop up and let you select "Cpap Overlays". You can check all the events you want to see in that particular graph. Is that not working for you?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding Jeff.

I'm using 1.4.0 which I believe is the latest.

I had already gone through all of the graphs and changed the settings as you described. The only graphs that show the overlays (no matter what I do) are the Flow Rate graph and the Time at Pressure graph.

The other item that isn't showing is the vertical cursor line that brings up the graph values at the time under the line.  I really miss that!

All of these were working originally.  At some point they disappeared.

I have thought about uninstalling and reinstalling OSCAR, but I'm unsure about how to preserve my data.

Thanks again.

...Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
Your data is in a separate directory and will not be removed. Did you download OSCAR from this website?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red: I believe I got it from this website, but I really can't confirm that.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it helps, the file I used to install was named: OSCAR-1.4.0-Win64.exe

...Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you are uncertain of your OSCAR's origin, I would recommend that you use the link in the black ribbon at the top of every page here to download another copy of this file. Another possibility is you have a corrupted download of your current installation program.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'll download and reinstall. But, after looking for it three times, I don't see the link you referred to in the black ribbon at the bottom of the page. I'll look on the homepage for it.

...Joe

OK - sorry - it's at the top of the page like you said. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have perhaps a partial answer about the overlay flags. In the Appearances tab of Preferences, in the left column, there is a selection for Overlay Flags - Line or Dot. It seems that only affects the presentation of the Flow Rate graph. I've attached a clip showing the Event Flags, the Flow Rate, and the Mask Pressure so that you can see the difference.

As for adding the Overlay flags to other graphs, I'm not sure how difficult that would be.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 105 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  How to delete CPAP data in OSCAR before sleep and after waking? Apnealicious 30 4,496 09-29-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,240 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Newbie to CPAP but going to use OSCAR Jimmy Lotus 4 710 08-31-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Philips CPAP auto, 6 or 12 graphs in OSCAR. RickEiben 6 854 05-20-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: RickEiben

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.