Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Question
RE: CPAP Question
See the link below about soft cervical collars. I suggest you download free OSCAR software. https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ It will provide much better more and data than MyAir. You will need an SD card if your machine did not come with one.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2019, 04:27 PM)Melman Wrote: See the link below about soft cervical collars. I suggest you download free OSCAR software. https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ It will provide much better more and data than MyAir. You will need an SD card if your machine did not come with one.

Thank you. It does not appear that my machine came with an SD card. I will look into this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure the capacity of the card does not exceed 32GB
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2019, 06:57 PM)associate123 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 04:27 PM)Melman Wrote: See the link below about soft cervical collars. I suggest you download free OSCAR software. https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ It will provide much better more and data than MyAir. You will need an SD card if your machine did not come with one.

Thank you. It does not appear that my machine came with an SD card. I will look into this.

Any full size SD card between 2gb and 32gb will work just buy the cheapest you can find I use the sandisk brand as it is readily available in my local supermarket at a reasonable price
Post Reply Post Reply
I have joined the nasal crowd as the full face masks are to claustrophobic, and when that itch comes on you are fumbling to sctach it, I been trying out the Resmed N30i mask, I tried the medium nasal pillows which didn't work, so I tried the large pillow and feels great, I made up my own chin strap, and all the bought ones are heavy and sweaty, which took a bit to get used to and my AHI's are down to around 0.4 to 0.8, I am trailing a Resmed S9 Vpap machine as I have central apneas
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. Did any of you encounter bruising when starting treatment? The bridge of my nose and under my eyes are extremely irritated. Granted I wore it too tight the first night, but now my bruising is just getting worse.. Oops.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to the doctor's office tomorrow to try on different fitting masks/pillows. So I'll be able  to discuss everything with them. I'm going to pick up an SD card tonight after work and download OSCAR. Thanks! I will post my results in the coming days!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2019, 08:46 AM)associate123 Wrote: Thanks guys. Did any of you encounter bruising when starting treatment? The bridge of my nose and under my eyes are extremely irritated. Granted I wore it too tight the first night, but now my bruising is just getting worse.. Oops.

No bruising for me, but some red contact (pressure / irritation) marks here and there from time to time. They only lasted for a day or so and my skin adjusted accordingly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a meeting today to try on different masks.. But three days in using my cpap and I already feel much better. I've used a chin strap in addition to my nasal mask twice and one time without the strap. So far this is what I've noticed:
1. My breath is a lot better due to less dry mouth.
2. Wake up feeling more refreshed.
3. Less distinct bags under my eyes.
4. Less yawning throughout the day.
5. Generally more energy.

I can't wait to continue using CPAP therapy and my only regret is not getting tested sooner for sleep apnea!
Post Reply Post Reply
Great results and a great trend!  

You'll still experience changes as your overall condition changes.  If CPAP is indeed doing 'it' for you, your body will change in small ways, some of which may mean changes to therapy or to the way it's administered...including changing masks, or alternately using two or more masks.  Sounds complicated, but almost all of us have to continue a series of experiments now and then to fine-tune our treatment.  For example, suppose you were carrying an extra 25 pounds.  You commence treatment, and six months later you've lost that extra weight mostly due to hormonal shifts...in your favour. Your settings might have to change if you begin to experience higher AHI or other problems.  Or the mask type doesn't work so well now, and you'll be scouting around for a replacement.

I wish you continued success and progress.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 290 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 495 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,184 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.