Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] RERA VALUE RANGE
RERA VALUE RANGE
            I had done a test on the CPAP machine which is the Philips Respironics DreamStation. I got the results as AHI- 1.57, Pressure - Avg of 5.15 and RERA - 3.13 and Hypopnea - 1.57.

So please help us to understanding the results and move forward.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RERA VALUE RANGE
Your machine is particularly ineffective at combating flow limitation and RERA because it cannot provide pressure support (increase in pressure from exhale to inhale). On your charts, I'd like you to of course minimize the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line, and I'd like to see some random zoomed in images of the flow rate. I suspect the RERA is real, and actually under-reported. What we are looking for is the shape of flow wave, particularly during inspiration (above zero).

To get the best zoomed image, just click on the area you want to see, and as the image zooms in to between 2-3 minutes you will be able to see the actual shape of the flow rate. You can then scroll horizontally to see changes in that flow rate. To improve further on this, right-click next to the Flow Rate label, and add a dotted line at zero using the context menu. This will put a line at zero flow and clearly show where you are inhaling and exhaling. Post a couple zoomed images and we can talk about it further.

You cannot draw many conclusions from this session which is only 38 minutes long, with most of it using a ramp with a pressure of 5.0. You never reached therapy pressure until 21:18 and then your leak rate skyrockets. Please consider turning off ramp so you can get to therapy pressure sooner and deal with the leaks associated with that pressure while you're awake. Since you were just dispensed this machine, try to exchange it for a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. That CPAP is more comfortable and will offer more flexibility in dealing with what appears to be your flow limitation and RERA issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 182 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,430 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What should my pressure range be? tomkelly 4 422 01-09-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 706 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 505 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  PLM pattern or RERA spikes? permabear 35 2,243 08-20-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: permabear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.