Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sending Machine Data to Someone Else?
Sending Machine Data to Someone Else?
Hey all.

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the SD card (S9 Auto or S10 AirCurve), copy the data file(s), and then send them to someone else (with Oscar) so they can load and post the data for the community here to review?

My situation is that I only have ChromeOS devices at home.  I do not have a Windows or Mac computer.  I would like to post some data files/graphs from my Resmed machine as I am having some AHI and sleep quality issues I would like the community to look at (and would like to see them myself), but no obvious way to see them easily at this time.

I do NOT have a sleep clinic to do this for me at this point.  They want $$ for any review at this point.  I have a new sleep study coming up but not available for another 7 months.  Any thoughts?

G
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sending Machine Data to Someone Else?
I would be glad to, although I currently am not sure which files on your disk you would need to copy and send. I can private message you my hobby email.
Let me know. I will do some checking when I get home from work to verify just which files would be needed.

Then, daily, you would email just the day you are on, so that will not be a large email.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
GrantT - Your request isn't a problem.  You need to zip the entire contents of your SD card and upload to the address:
[Shortcut Link to Dropbox Upload Folder]

You need to specify what day or days you wish to have screenshots produced.  I can then send them back to you for your decision to have them posted.

You do know that there are versions of OSCAR for Chromebooks, don't you?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2023, 12:15 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: GrantT - Your request isn't a problem.  You need to zip the entire contents of your SD card and upload to the address:
[Shortcut Link to Dropbox Upload Folder]

You need to specify what day or days you wish to have screenshots produced.  I can then send them back to you for your decision to have them posted.

You do know that there are versions of OSCAR for Chromebooks, don't you?

- Red

Wow...OK...I am behind in a few things....thank you for the info.  I'll research some more on the Chromebook versions for sure and/or looking into the Dropbox option....exactly what I was looking for!!

I just realized I don't have the proper SD card slot for either of my machines, so need to pick up a converter as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a recent ChromeOS machine, you can run a Linux partition, and OSCAR can run in that Linux partition.

To check, go to Settings, scroll down the left side to Advanced and click the triagle to expand it, then click on Developers. In the right side, if you see Linux Development environment, you can run OSCAR in the Linux partition.

I would suggest either 6 or 8 GB for the file system, depending on you system total storage. Because of that you will want to restrict your OSCAR import to the last three or four months

ETA There are OSCAR versions for both Intel and ARM Chromebooks
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, thanks for the extra info. I was able to get OSCAR (Linux/X86) working on both a Chromebook and Chromebox. Just waiting for an SD to USB-C adapter and should be good to go as long as the Linux system can see it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,251 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 550 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 459 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Keep waking up while using CPAP machine, oscar data attached. bigmit2011 5 1,185 03-29-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Help with OSCAR data and machine settings bethose 1 439 03-12-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Should I adjust my machine? (Oscar data inside) capo89 3 647 01-10-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: upsman
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,687 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.