Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 On-Off Switch Fix
ResMed AirSense 10 On-Off Switch Fix
My ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP had an issue that required using excessive force to turn it on and off.  The issue was caused by the on-off micro switch shifting position in its housing.  The issue was fixed by dissembling the CPAP and then pressing the micro switch back into its housing.  Displacement of the micro switch from its housing was caused by cramming the CPAP into a suitcase.  Although the CPAP was in its padded transport case, something hard must have pressed the on-off button during a flight.  It is possible that a pill bottle was on the outside of the case right on top of the on-off button.  My two year warrantee elapsed a year ago.  Although a new replacement Mouser B3F-3125 micro switch was purchased before disassembly of the CPAP, it was not needed.  

The CPAP was disassembled by following excellent instructions provided by Sleep87, sdb7802 and Fats Drywaller.  Thanks.  After the circuit board was exposed, I found that an edge of the pink micro switch plunger was stuck under the aluminum housing.  There was also a gap between the black part of the switch and the aluminum housing.  I pushed the pink plunger into the middle of the hole in the housing and then pushed the black part of the switch back up against the top of the housing.  The aluminum tabs on the bottom of the housing were bent out, so I bent them back in.  The repaired micro switch is shown in Figure 1.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...irsense-10
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-10?page=8
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...off-switch

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 On-Off Switch Fix
Good info to know - thanks for posting!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 On-Off Switch Fix
just want to thank you, quantum mechanic, for posting this helpful info (description, links, and photo). my power button had fallen the same fate and googling brought me here. i followed the instructions and now the power button is fixed. 

i registered an account just to post thanks. hopefully you'll see it one day!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 92 04-18-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,476 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,223 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 143 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,030 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 157 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 143 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.