Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed S9 Humidifier Concerns
ResMed S9 Humidifier Concerns
I have a ResMed S9 with at humidifier. I've had this machine for about 3 months. My question is in regards to humidity control and water temperature.
With my old machine (REMStar Plus M Series) when I pulled out the water chamber in the morning it was warm.
With the ResMed S9, and heated tubing, the bottom of the water chamber is ice cold in the morning. I have it set up in manual mode with heated tube at 80F and humidity setting at 4.
Is this something that I need to get looked at, or is this normal operation? It doesn't seem to use a lot of water either.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Humidifier Concerns
(11-21-2014, 01:54 PM)treemkr Wrote: With the ResMed S9, and heated tubing, the bottom of the water chamber is ice cold in the morning. I have it set up in manual mode with heated tube at 80F and humidity setting at 4.
Is this something that I need to get looked at, or is this normal operation? It doesn't seem to use a lot of water either.
You don't actually mean ice cold as something comes out from the freezer?

Yes its normal but the important question is how your nose feel in the morning?

You find all your questions are answered here by ResMed ... H5i vs. H4i
http://www.resmed.eu/us/patients_and_fam...-faqs.html

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi treemkr,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I never think to check my humidifier chamber when I stop using it each time.
Hang in there for more answers to your question.
Much success to you with your CPAp therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Very insightful stuff and it clears some questions I did have about the H5i humidifier, as I too was concerned about the H5i and why it was cold in the morning.

Thanks, Zonk, for posting that helpful link.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2014, 01:54 PM)treemkr Wrote: With the ResMed S9, and heated tubing, the bottom of the water chamber is ice cold in the morning. I have it set up in manual mode with heated tube at 80F and humidity setting at 4.

If the machine were in automatic humidity mode, and house air was already humid (wet weather), I could understand a cold tank in the morning with only little water used.

But if truly operating in manual mode and tank on 4, I would expect the tank to feel warm immediately upon stopping therapy.

But perhaps I am mistaken...

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 92 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 348 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  New to Diagnosis. Looking for advice and have concerns re: my data bitteroblivion 4 163 04-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 246 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 889 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 503 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 422 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.