Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem?
Angry 
Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem?
I love my ResMed Airfit F30i mask.  I bought it about 6 months ago.  But the tiny plastic tabs that slip the frame onto the front mouth piece have broken off.  First one side, just after the warranty expired.  And a few days ago the other side.  

This seems like a product defect to me.  The tabs are so tiny.  They're plastic, and only about 1/8th of an inch wide, and a little over 1/16th of an inch thick.  

Does anyone else have this problem??  
They break so easy, I wish they would redesign those tabs.  Maybe use metal?  IDK..   Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem?
I have the F20 and have had similar issues. It is probably the weakest link in the system. The replacement tabs are available on line. Do a search on "resmed airfit f20 replacement cpap mask headgear magnetic clips" They are usually quite inexpensive and come in packs of 4 or more. Most of the companies on the supplier list also stock them. It is just a question of how much you want to pay and how fast you need them.

Whenever I get a new headgear assembly, I pull some of the parts off the old one - especially the clips. I have a couple of ziploc bags with clips, elbows, and the like sitting in my nightstand. Luckily my wife and I both use the F20s and have plenty of spares and other parts.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply.

I'm talking about the F30i.  It has a head frame where the hose connects at the top of your head, and goes through the frame and connects to the mask.  That's where the plastic tabs are breaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know the tabs you are talking about. I have not had trouble with them, but they are relatively fragile. Gentle click to get them seated. I do use strap covers, which might cushion them some if your issue is them breaking off when they are already attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
Snako, the 
same thing has happened twice to me. Each time on the first night of use sometime during the night!
Post Reply Post Reply
Since my last reply I have had this issue too. It seems to be the weak link for this style. I take the cushion off daily to clean it and eventually a tab will partially break. It is subtle, but enough that the cushion will not click to stay in. I keep an extra headgear around, as there is no fix I know of. For me they last about 6 months.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 17,004 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,962 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,520 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,872 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 364 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 380 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 595 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.