Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Resmed S10 For Her vs S10 Autoset Humidity Difference
Resmed S10 For Her vs S10 Autoset Humidity Difference
Hi,

I have been using my Resmed S10 for Her for a couple of years without much issues until I had to recently replace it's motor. 
While waiting the repair, I have rented a new Resmed S10 Autoset and I noticed that the new equipment provides much more humidity at night and I'm feeling better with it. Mask, water tank, tubes are the same in both situation.
I my older one, in setting 7 it uses half the water tank, and the new one in the same 7 setting it will use almost the entire tank. Tried putting the older one to 8, but still didn't change much.

I have tried both in different nights, so I'm pretty sure this is not caused by a different weather condition.

I use it with climate control in manual as I don't have a heated tube.

Any clue why this may be hapenning? The older one may have a problem in the climate control?

Thanks for your support.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 For Her vs S10 Autoset Humidity Difference
towers Welcome

You may want to contact the repair facility and ask them to check the humidifier heater and internal humidity sensor while they are replacing the motor. As with any electronic device they can go bad.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion. Actually the motor has already been changed by my son following a thread on the forum Big Grin . Repair facility wanted the price of a new equipment to change the motor...
But if nobody else has any other ideas I will follow your suggestion and ask them to specifically take a look at the heater and sensors.

Best regards,
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually they will run the RSS performance test after any repair(as resmed required), this including the temp sensor test and humidifier test.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 462 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 155 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 243 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.