Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Respironics Dreamstation heater turns off after 6 hours
Respironics Dreamstation heater turns off after 6 hours
I have been using a CPAP machine for 8 years. I got the Respironics Dreamstation CPAP machine about a year ago when my first machine aged out. The heater plate on the Dreamstation does not stay on all night! It's staying on for about 6 hours every night, after which the air gets dry and cold, my mouth dries out, and I wake up. I have called everywhere, talked to everyone, read everything I can find and have gotten exactly no help. Is this what it is designed to do? Does yours do this? Can I change it? I have been through every menu on the machine and nothing I can find addresses this problem. There is always a small amount of water in the tank, so it's not turning off due to lack of water (if that even happens...) Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Dreamstation heater turns off after 6 hours
Welcome!

I've run my Dreamstation tank dry more than a few times.  I can confirm that it continues to heat and I awake to the lovely smell of hot plastic.  So it is not a low level of water.  I can't think of any setting that might cause this.  It sounds like your machine is defective in some way.  I'd ask for a warranty replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you got your machine from your provider, try to get them to replace it under warranty. It shouldn’t be a big deal.

If you purchased it yourself or received it as a hand me down, replacement DreamStation humidifiers are relatively inexpensive at around $100 US.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response. I've contacted Respironics as my horrid provider (DASCO) has been absolutely no help. The very helpful customer service rep at Respironics had me try changing to the non-heated hose and set the humidifier on Adjustable. So far, so good. If I become aware that it is still turning off, they will replace it. Last night seemed okay...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,042 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.