Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Respironics M-Series BiPap Auto Question
Respironics M-Series BiPap Auto Question
An old friend has an antique (10+ years old) Respironics M-Series unit. It uses a storage medium I am unfamiliar with, but appears to be a "smart card", something I have heard of but never seen or used. Labels on the card say "Respironics encore one SmartCard". Looks much like the new chip&pin credit cards.

Anyone know or have a guess as to how much storage it has or how many days worth of data it can hold?

Apparently my friends Doctor doesn't even have the equipment to read it (he has to send it off to his provider), anyone know how my friend might be able to?

Thanks!
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics M-Series BiPap Auto Question
The machine stores a fair amount of information in its memory, you need to get into the setup mode to access it you can find instructions and request a manual by email  HERE. You will not get the detailed info like the modern machines have.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a SmartCard, and can be read with a Mako DT3500 card reader and EncoreBasic software. The software is free from the forum. The problem is, those are getting kind of hard to find. There is typically at least one-year of data on the card including full efficacy information, but only the last day will have detailed flow rate information. The M Series does not distinguish between central and obstructive apnea, but pretty much everything else will be there if you can get to it.

My best suggestion is to upgrade to new. Your friend could get the Dreamstation BiPAP Auto DSX700T11 on Amazon for about $720-$780 and have the latest and greatest bilevel on the market with humidifier and heated hose.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had guessed that it might have around one year of data, but didn't realize that might mean that older data might be summaries, interesting.

I have told my friend that he should get a new machine as well, but for someone in a technical field he is pretty resistant to change.

Thanks!
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
Will let my friend know. He is aware of this web site, but I think he may not have a login yet.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dawnstar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to your friend as he continues CPAP therapy and hopefully, he will take your advice on getting a newer machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2017, 12:27 PM)Dawnstar Wrote: I had guessed that it might have around one year of data, but didn't realize that might mean that older data might be summaries, interesting.

I have told my friend that he should get a new machine as well, but for someone in a technical field he is pretty resistant to change.

Thanks!

If your friend is technically minded, let him know the the mean time between failure (MTBE) has been exceeded for his M-Series machine.  The new one has many advantages, and is affordable to someone with a college education...he should know better.  Smile

Putting it another way, does he still use his flip phone from 2008, or has he upgraded to something useful?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 139 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,259 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 232 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 679 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 382 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.