Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Setting correct Date/time on ResMed S9 Autoset
Surprised 
Setting correct Date/time on ResMed S9 Autoset
New to this board. A big thank-you to members for sharing their valuable information.

I got my ResMed S9 Autoset at the end of August and have been using it for a week. Super quiet and ease-to-use machine. It's a far cry from my previous PR Series M base model machine. I am very happy about it.
I just downloaded SleepHead and imported the data. The reports showed that the time was off by 3 hours (early). Obviously, my DME did not set it correctly to the Eastern time zone. So I went into the clinician set-up menu (thanks to the board here for making public the "secret" of DMEs). I did this after midnight yesterday. It allowed me to change the time forward but the date was changed by one day. When I changed the date back to the correct day, it gave me the error message: "Invalid date/time, data exists for this period". I did not use the S9 on Tuesday, hoping that I would be able to set the correct date by not feeding the machine with Sep 4/Sep5 data.

This morning, I check the machine date and time. It was "6/Sep/2012, 10:40" when the correct date and time should be 5/Sep/2012 10:40. I tried to change the date back to Sep 5, but it gave the invalid date/time message although I did not use the machine on Tuesday night (Sep 4/Sep 5). Right now I have to keep the date as Sep 6.

I read a no. of posts from here and another board. Some said that you have to erase the data in order to change date/time. I could find answers relevant to my situation. I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting correct Date/time on ResMed S9 Autoset
Hi Evergreen, I don't know the answer to your question but hang in there and someone will be able to help you with your settings questions shortly and oh, WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the clinician's manual, "If you set a new date or time that occurs in the past then an ‘Invalid date/time, data exists for this period’ message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data – available under the Configuration menu." This is on page 19 if you want to request the manual from Apnea Board and look it up yourself.

You can forget about setting the clock back in the fall. My machine, the S8 Autoset II, erases the data if you make any change at all to the clock.

The doctors and DME's are aware of the clock problem and they won't hassle you about it. At most, they'll ask when you go to bed and get up, so they can compensate for any clock errors.
Post Reply Post Reply
While I agree with Dave's sentiments, there's a more important issue here. Do not sleep without your machine, regardless of date/time problems. It's far more important to your health and well-being to be receiving the prescribed therapy than worrying about firmware issues.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I have just used my S9 for 1 week and don't have to provide compliance data to my DME and insurance company, this afternoon I went ahead to erase the data from the clinician menu. I already downloaded the first week's data into Sleepyhead before I did this. Viola, I was able to set the correct date and time.

Although I didn't use my S9 for one night, there was still data in the machine showing "no use". So the only way to reset date/time back is to erase the data. Some posts said it only erased compliance data. I don't know whether this is true. What I am certain is that the total hours of use from inception stays there. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed apparently feels that having the wrong date doesn't matter -- and appears to have no work-around. But when you track changes with the SleepyHead program, it is terribly frustrating to have to put the correct date in the notes on a daily basis. (I probably would have given up on using the cPAP without the engagement/personal involvement that SleepyHead gives me.)

Someone has to come up with a way to override ResMed and correct current date of usage after changing time zones (or summer/winter time change) without loosing data!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2012, 12:31 PM)big_dave Wrote: According to the clinician's manual, "If you set a new date or time that occurs in the past then an ‘Invalid date/time, data exists for this period’ message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data – available under the Configuration menu." This is on page 19 if you want to request the manual from Apnea Board and look it up yourself.

You can forget about setting the clock back in the fall. My machine, the S8 Autoset II, erases the data if you make any change at all to the clock.

The doctors and DME's are aware of the clock problem and they won't hassle you about it. At most, they'll ask when you go to bed and get up, so they can compensate for any clock errors.

UNTESTED THEORY Rolleyes

How about if you change the clock just before (or an hour before) turning in for sleep? If that doesn't work how about unplugging the bugger when you get up. Then set the time at bedtime.
Oddly enough I acquired my S9 Escape shortly before DST ended and my RT didn't change the clock to reflect standard time. So I did it. No problem because the time I did it meant it didn't conflict with any other events (but with an "Escape" unit that's not hard to do.)
I tried to see if there's a way to adjust the time through ResScan. If so then it's mighty hidden. But I'm interested in knowing if my theory works, doesn't work, whatever.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set the clock without losing data.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2012, 12:13 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You can set the clock without losing data.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

Okay okay so I do it the hard way and you do it the easy way.
Show me up. Sure. Yeah.
Great-info
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep meaning to get out my Escape and see if the date can be changed without losing anything. Need another card first.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 474 3 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 212 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,443 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 121 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 156 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 480 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.