Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Short Duration Cpap Usage
Short Duration Cpap Usage
    Hi All,

I was diagnosed back in Aug 2022 for obstructive sleep apnea. I have been having trouble falling asleep with the machine. But when I do fall asleep and wake back up from an apnea event, I am able to tolerant the mask and fall asleep with it. However, the sleep duration only last 1.5 to 2 hours before I wake up again feeling like I just had an apnea event. I was wondering if there was anything unusual in the sleep report and tips on staying asleep for longer with the mask.

I also use a dentist fitted MAD all night. Its helps with reducing the symptoms of sleep apnea but not completely and reduces the cpap pressures as well. 

Attached is the last couple nights' readings.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Short Duration Cpap Usage
Myeung,
There are no apnea events showing on your graphs during your breaks in therapy.

What does show at those times are leaks. The spikes on the leak graph point to mask movement. That is probably what is waking you. Work on your mask fitting. Either you are moving around and in turn your mask is shifting causing leaking, or it's just not a good fit for you.

Read the Mask Primer. The link is below in my signature line.

Now, I'd like to suggest some small changes to your settings to help you breathe better and feel more comfortable.

Set your minimum pressure to 7cm.
Set your maximum pressure to 9cm. (This is a very narrow range and may help with pressure swings.

Also, Set EPR to 2. (This will help you breathe out against the pressure, and also tame flow limitation and hopefully you will be able to sleep longer.)

Again, read through the Mask Primer. It may help you with a better fit.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose! I’ll try out your suggestions.
Another question. I get a decent amount of condensation buildup in my nasal mask. Any thoughts on how to reduce it? Theres no condensation in the hosing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Condensation can occur in the hose or at the mask if the temperature in your room is colder than the temperature in the tubing.  Read the following to get a better understanding and some things you can try.  Experiment with the tube setting and/or humidifier setting.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-to-av...y%20within
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 1,136 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 583 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Long story short chronic 5 443 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 752 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 796 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 526 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
  Incorrect usage report Resmed Airsense 11 hydra 0 763 07-06-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: hydra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.