Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Significant major mask leakage
Significant major mask leakage
[attachment=3190]
Sleepy head Summary says that you had significant periods of major mask leakage.
I have Resmed P10 nasal pillows. Not sure where the leak is coming from. The AHI is good.
Is there something I can do to fix this? Seems like a good fit around my nose.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Significant major mask leakage
The tendency for leaks to flatten out below the large leak threshold is usually air escaping from the mouth. Do you awaken with a dry mouth?

You might reduce this leak rate with a lower pressure. You might try auto mode from 11-14 and see how it works out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that, I did 2 weeks on an auto machine which averaged a pressure of 10.2. I am now on a fixed setting of 13. I am getting more dry mouth now than previously but my AHI is better on a fixed pressure. Have been thinking of lowering the pressure to 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bruce456,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=3195]
Success, I turned the pressure down from 13 to 10.5 and the leak rate is down and AHI virtually unchanged.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 47 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,911 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 405 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 702 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.