Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Slow To Respond?
CPAP Slow To Respond?
Looking at a close up screen shot of one of my OA episodes, I'm wondering why the machine let me go so long with an OA event. 

https://imgur.com/a/qDvOH
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Slow To Respond?
It throws the event on the following breath.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machines don't stop an in-progress event (leaving aside ASV machines), they increase pressure after the event to try and prevent the next one.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed auto machines want to make sure that they are raising pressure due to an obstructive event, Since they do not classify the event until it is complete, they do not respond until after the event is complete. It would be counter-productive to raise pressure in response to a central apnea.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys, so much to learn.  I think I need a few more nights to see what the next stage should be; back to a higher constant pressure or try BIPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Higher pressure will likely aggravate your centrals, which are already the source of about half of your total AHI.
I'd make an appointment with your sleep doc, you may need an ASV.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 Respond Questions SheShells23 12 590 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  I'm new. Shouldn't my machine respond more BeautifulDay 15 801 12-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  ResMed AirSense 10 Respond Model and OSCAR upsman 6 2,188 10-06-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Does Wellue customer service respond to you? SleeperAwake21 1 676 01-06-2022, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  long slow decay in inspiratory flow rate cathyf 3 743 06-24-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  how do i slow down the surges? fdashiell 34 2,848 10-06-2020, 06:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Want to IMPROVE please respond want2catchsomez 35 3,348 03-18-2020, 07:08 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.