Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Systrem One A-Flex with Nasal Pillows?
Systrem One A-Flex with Nasal Pillows?
I am desperate for one quick answer.

Can I run nasal pillows on a Resperonics System One A-Flex? Have gotten into the hidden menu and see no setting for mask type etc. I know this is an older unit and that nasal pillows are a bit new on the scene. Just want to make sure they are compatible.

I developed very severe apnea (no REM at alllll) after the first of the year and now all sleep clinics are closed. Bought a used unit and am flying on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Systrem One A-Flex with Nasal Pillows?
Disregard: Also can't seem to find model designation ex DS450
Post Reply Post Reply
The Philips System One DS450 is also known as the System One 50 CPAP Pro (PRS1 50 Series CPAP Pro) This is an older model Philips Respiraonics machine that replaced the M-series and preceded the 60 series and Dreamstation models. It is a fixed CPAP machine but had the ability to do an Auto CPAP trial for up to 30 days. To be honest the mask setting is not very important but here is a chart for setting the resistance (X) setting for different masks https://philipsproductcontent.blob.core....63b068.pdf

If you are using a System One DS450, this is a discontinured machine manufactured from 2009 to 2012 and it should not have been dispensed to you as new. I hope you will post back and let us know how you got this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually it turns out to be a DS560.

It was not dispensed. As I stated I bought it directly from a privater party. It is presently impossible to get a sleep study and I had not had actual sleep since late March. (hard arousal every single time I drifted off.... every single time). Even the ER couldn't help me as they not running cpaps or cpaps due to virus transmission issues.

I was so desperate that i bought a unit off of Craigslist. I know that sounds crazy but there really is no alternative for me at present. Running pressure of 7 min 15 max and have had fair results of 4 hours sleep first night and 6 the second. Intend to run OSCAR and have ordered a sports band that does pulse ox and supports multi pattern programs. So in theory I can produce pretty good telemetry.

Interested in any thoughts or advice.

Also, is a Dreamstation significantly better than this model?

Thanks for your input
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to be on the lookout on Craig’s list for another machine I would look for a low hour Resmed Autoset 10 they are more responsive and the EPR more flexible than a Philips but with careful tweaking we can get you suitable treatment with you Dreamstation
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,781 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 400 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 487 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 866 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.