Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] TPoc's Therapy Thread
RE: TPoc's Therapy Thread
Thanks for the feedback Sleeprider. I felt okay this morning, not amazing but it felt better sticking with a lower pressure. I’ll try 9 tonight, make sure I have my neck positioned right and set the EPR to 3. If my numbers get worse I’ll go back to 9 min and 11 max. The only reason I’d go through with titration is for the Bipap, which unfortunately I have to do for insurance to cover the bipap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone, sorry for the lapse in my check ins.

My numbers have been consistently below 2 AHI each night with a continuous pressure of 8. I'm going to post them up now. I also had another interesting night where I bumped it up to 9 with an AHI of 0.63, the lowest number I've had so far. I wasn't falling asleep though after about 1.5 hours though, so I turned it off and decided to stick to 8 for a while for compliance and to compare results when I switch to 9 (hoping to get lower numbers). I'll be honest with you all - my energy is through the roof right now. I've never had so much drive in my day (consistently) and felt refreshed in the morning! I'm actually excited to use it at night now whereas before I dreaded it. I was actually afraid to use it because I thought it would make me miss things at work or worse, even more tired than I would be without it.

Anyways, I'll stop ranting. TLDR; I MUCH feel better and think I'm on the right track here. Let me know what you all think!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This was the night I had the lowest AHI with the bump to 9 (continuous pressure) but mind you this wasn't even two hours. Still curious to hear your feedback - maybe I would benefit from the increase?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TPoc, the last chart looks good, you were having flow limits on your others with the machine set to 8cm-the bump to 9cm is looking great. I've had the same experience moving to constant pressure mode (cpap)-I sleep better, have less arousals and have better numbers overall than I ever did in APAP mode or on my autoBipap.

I can't see if you have EPR enabled or not. I use Dreamstations exclusively and use Cflex+ with great affect, so if you don't have it enabled I'd try it set to 1 (for comfort) as you're not getting much in the way of flow limits at 9cm Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
We really can't compare a short 1.5 hour sessions where you didn't sleep with your normal full-night of use, so the AHI being lower is kind of meaningless. Most users use the Autoset mode with a range of pressure, it may not be your preference, but it may be worth trying Autoset mode with minimum pressure 7.0, maximum pressure 10.0 and EPR at 3. That would give you a more valid comparison and decision point of whether to stick with the fixed pressure or not. Your results at 8.0 with EPR 3 continue to look good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I actually have not used 9 continuously yet other than that night so what Sleeprider is saying is valid. There needs to be a longer period of use to make a judgement. I’m going to switch it over tonight since I’ve been using 8 with an EPR of 2 for about a week now. Thanks for checking back in.
Post Reply Post Reply
My apologies Sleeprider. I did not bring the panel view down enough to show EPR is at 2 with the setting on 8 cm continuously. When I bump it to 9, I’m probably going to set it to 3 and see what my numbers look like, then bump the EPR down from 3 to 2, then 1.

As far as the other pressures you’re suggesting I try, I’ve have nothing but bad nights around those pressures. Maybe it could be dialed in better but I seem to do way better with the CPAP mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepAd2 - Therapy Help SleepAd2 9 263 1 hour ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Idea SonjaAHI41 - Therapy Thread SonjaAHI41 11 235 10 hours ago
Last Post: Narcil
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 28 211 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  bpowell10 - Therapy Thread bpowell10 26 225 05-30-2024, 05:59 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  fearoffours - Therapy thread fearoffours 5 216 05-29-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: fearoffours
  TAZ.HORSES - Therapy Thread (using DS2) TAZ.HORSES 10 110 05-29-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: TAZ.HORSES
  Chris.H - Therapy Chris.H 6 182 05-28-2024, 11:34 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.