Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Therapy Help - AirCurve 10 CS PaceWave
RE: Therapy Help - AirCurve 10 CS PaceWave
Thanks for the suggestions Sleeprider!

I had posted bellow 3 nights using the ASVauto mode. On the first night I hadn't made the settings adjusments yet since I forgotten and used the standard ones, it was quite hard to get used to it but eventually fell asleep. The 2nd night was with your suggestion and it was easier falling asleep and slept very good overall but for some reasons felt that the inhale pressure was too high at some points, like the mask itself would inflate, usually it was also after I was exhaling harder against the pressure. Last night for whatever reasons I wasnt that sleepy even by 1 AM and decided to dial with the settings to find something more optimal, first with ASVstandard(EPAP 4, Min PS 4, Max PS 9) at some points I was under the impression I wasnt breathing properly, suffocating feeling, but the inflating feeling wasnt that common. Afterward I decided just to give a try to CPAP with 11 pressure, while awake I just couldnt bare with it so I think high CPAP pressure is not the sollution for me. As I had seen that none of this works just switched to ASVauto(something  in the morning) and eventually fell asleep but woke in the morning and couldnt fall asleep again with the mask again and took it off.

So my questions are:
- For the discomfort while inhaling what should I do? Decrease PS max? Or make the difference between PS min and PS max as little as possible?
- I usually exhale against the pressure, at some point it becomes tiresome and thats when it catches me on inhaling with a discomfort. I think that maybe this is also the way an ASV works, you just are forced to breathe constantly at the pace your machine gets used to.
- Any tips on tweeking the settings more to be more individual to my case? It would be nice
- I might have a choice of getting a cheap BiLevel VAuto, I think the points above arent present on standard Bilevel therapy right?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy Help - AirCurve 10 CS PaceWave
The settings I provided are the lowest PS difference a U.S. built ASVauto can deliver. Our ASV here requires at least 5-cm between IPAP and EPAP. You are currently at PS min 3.0 and PS max 8.0. We can lower pressure to PS 2.0, PS max 7.0. I don't think your machine will allow you to lower PS max without also lowering PS min, but you can try. Anyway, if you try PS min 2.0 and PS max 7.0, that will hopefully resolve any remaining discomfort while continuing to provide effective therapy. As you know, we can also set pressures to numbers like 2.6 - 7.6 for the PS range, so I am just moving in whole cm increments at this point to find your tolerance to lower pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 118 35 minutes ago
Last Post: melbell
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 96 7 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,103 Yesterday, 12:24 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 235 Yesterday, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 147 Yesterday, 09:40 AM
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 59 Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 384 Yesterday, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.