Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie looking for advice after 1st full night (OSCAR screen shots)
Newbie looking for advice after 1st full night (OSCAR screen shots)
Hello All,

Last night was my first full night using a CPAP. I have the Resmed Airsense 10 and started the night using a Dreamwear full face mask and changed to a Dreamwear nasal mask in the middle of the night. I had a titration study done last Saturday night and the tech advised me that my sweet spot was a pressure of 8 with CFLEX of 3. With that information I eventually set my pressure range at 6-9 throughout the night with EPR of 3. 

For the titration study I used the Dreamwear nasal mask without issue. My headgear for the nasal mask didn't arrive until today, so I started with the full face mask which was not comfortable and I felt was hard to avoid leakage. I switched to the nasal mask midway through and just didn't use any headgear. The mask seemed to stay in place without leaking despite no headgear.

I know the first night was probably not the best baseline because of changing the pressure settings and switching masks, but I would really appreciate any insight into adjusting my settings for tonight's session. Below are my OSCAR screenshots which hopefully captured all of the relevant data.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nf5ujausBC3tYSWe9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H51K3drSWcRaD8UM7

I've seen reference in others post regarding Central Apneas in the OSCAR data, but I can't find where that is recorded. Can someone point me to where I would find info on CA events?

Any suggested recommendations for tonight's therapy? Should I start with a wider range? Turn off EPR? Thanks so much for any guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie looking for advice after 1st full night (OSCAR screen shots)
Maybe it is my computer but I can’t read your graphs. We suggest you use F12 to take the screenshot and post from the bottom of the post using the attachment button.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie looking for advice after 1st full night (OSCAR screen shots)
You have some leaks to tackle if you try that mask again. That big blob of blue events in the middle... You're probably chin tucking as in positional Apnea and would need the soft collar to fix that.

You also need more pressure for 2 reasons, EPR 3 will not work effectively from a min 6. It cannot deduct EPR 3 from 6, the lowest this PAP goes is 4. Min 7 will work fully with the EPR 3. Second I'm thinking you're going to need to open up the Max pressure too. Let's try 7-15 and try EPR 2 to address the CA a bit. For tonight at least.

Last one, when on OSCAR, take a screenshot by pressing F12. Add it to your post as an attachment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 161 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 248 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.