Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Trying to identify whether these are real central apneas
RE: Trying to identify whether these are real central apneas
Just scroll the left area to show the top section. That should correct it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the last two days. Format is fixed.

Post Reply Post Reply
Both charts look really good. I can't see what I'd say to adjust. How do you feel after nights such as these? Unless there's issues, I'd go a few days and see what trends you get. Best to ya.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2019, 09:13 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Both charts look really good. I can't see what I'd say to adjust. How do you feel after nights such as these? Unless there's issues, I'd go a few days and see what trends you get. Best to ya.

So I 've been using ASV since 12/11/2019, so a little less than a month. The difference has been tremendous vs APAP. I feel so much better, and all it took was an extra few hundred dollars of equipment. 

I realize that not everyone NEEDS an ASV, but it seems to me the machines should all be capable of all three modes. My ASV looks almost exactly the same as my APAP, and if it's just software, they should add 100 bucks to every machine and make it available as an option. 

Based on this thread, there was nothing tangible that you could point to that said I needed ASV, but it's been just a lot better, I feel so much better every day. I still have issues to fix unrelated to my cpap (orthodontic, deviated septum etc.), but now I feel like those things are optional as opposed to critical. It's just a shame I had to wait this long and take matters into my own hands. If I didn't get my ASV myself, I wouldn't be feeling better right now. 

I'll post some charts when I get some time so you can see how different they are, nothing has changed with my medical history.
Post Reply Post Reply
If ASV works on giving you the prior missing "feeling better" aspect, no other justification needed. Congrats on positive progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2020, 02:38 PM)dogfish1977 Wrote: I realize that not everyone NEEDS an ASV, but it seems to me the machines should all be capable of all three modes. My ASV looks almost exactly the same as my APAP, and if it's just software, they should add 100 bucks to every machine and make it available as an option. 

Based on this thread, there was nothing tangible that you could point to that said I needed ASV, but it's been just a lot better, I feel so much better every day. I still have issues to fix unrelated to my cpap (orthodontic, deviated septum etc.), but now I feel like those things are optional as opposed to critical. It's just a shame I had to wait this long and take matters into my own hands. If I didn't get my ASV myself, I wouldn't be feeling better right now. 

Congrats SHa_clap2 SHa_clap2 

As far as I'm aware, the hardware is exactly the same... just software.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 602 9 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,524 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 864 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 307 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.