Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] UARS, data interpretation OSCAR, what to do?
RE: UARS how to interpret data!!
The results don't look like flow limitations or UARS unless it is already being treated. Your respiration rate graph looks a little strange and the examples of what you thought might be RERA's show a bit of odd breathing but it isn't a typical flow limited/restricted breathing arousal.

Your average PS over 7 is quite high. I would try lower psmin, start with 3, to see how that affects data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Eliminating RERAs
EPR is on a ResMed AirSense AutoSet. Exhale Pressure Relief. It's identical to a bilevel pressure support.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is nightly chart?

BTW my current pressure settings are 5 EPAP PS Min 6 PS MAX 12

Before I was using 4 EPAP PS Min 6 PS MAX 11

Still feeling [Sexually Oriented or Vulgar Text Removed] bad. Seems to be [Sexually Oriented or Vulgar Text Removed] no way
to prevent RERAs or other sleep disturbances, might just have to wait for DJS and MSE.

-----
Moderator Action: Sexually Oriented or Vulgar Text Removed
Per Apnea Board Rules, #2: You will not post any material which is sexually oriented or vulgar.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
KKBB, we need to see a Daily Details chart as described in this Organizing Your Charts wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization If you will provide that, we will immediately know what machine you are using and its settings, as well as whether RERA is a factor is your therapy. Most bilevel machines can effectively threat RERA however if you have an ASV (S9 VPAP Adapt), then that device is intended to treat central and complex apnea. We have coached users with ASV to minimize flow limitations and RERA however we are really in the dark at this point on how to help you. Please post a chart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i posted that on my other thread i think?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2021, 06:43 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: KKBB, we need to see a Daily Details chart as described in this Organizing Your Charts wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization  If you will provide that, we will immediately know what machine you are using and its settings, as well as whether RERA is a factor is your therapy.  Most bilevel machines can effectively threat RERA however if you have an ASV (S9 VPAP Adapt), then that device is intended to treat central and complex apnea.  We have coached users with ASV to minimize flow limitations and RERA however we are really in the dark at this point on how to help you.  Please post a chart.

i can get another machine, but i figured it would be fine given that barry krakow advocates for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS, data interpretation OSCAR, what to do?
King Kong, I have merged your threads. They all are discussing the same concerns with RERA and UARS, and by consolidating your threads in one, we now have all the history and graphs in one place. You are self-diagnosing and self-treating using a S9 VPAP Adapt ASV. In simple terms, this machine is designed to treat central and complex apnea, and is not intended for the task of treating flow limitation from upper airway restriction and the resulting respiratory effort related arousals. You need an auto bilevel like the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto or S9 VPAP Auto, and I think we could even be more successful with an Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP with EPR.

I think you have taken the VPAP Adapt as far as possible and have not achieve your objective of a more restful sleep. It's the wrong tool for the job. The ASV is very difficult and expensive to get for individuals that really need it, so I'm sure you will find a buyer (Forum rules prohibit listing here). Please look for an appropriate machine you can afford on Craigslist, SearchTempest, Facebook Marketplace, Offerup etc.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2021, 07:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: King Kong, I have merged your threads. They all are discussing the same concerns with RERA and UARS, and by consolidating your threads in one, we now have all the history and graphs in one place.   You are self-diagnosing and self-treating using a S9 VPAP Adapt ASV.  In simple terms, this machine is designed to treat central and complex apnea, and is not intended for the task of treating flow limitation from upper airway restriction and the resulting respiratory effort related arousals.  You need an auto bilevel like the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto or S9 VPAP Auto, and I think we could even be more successful with an Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP with EPR.

I think you have taken the VPAP Adapt as far as possible and have not achieve your objective of a more restful sleep.  It's the wrong tool for the job.  The ASV is very difficult and expensive to get for individuals that really need it, so I'm sure you will find a buyer (Forum rules prohibit listing here).  Please look for an appropriate machine you can afford on Craigslist, SearchTempest, Facebook Marketplace, Offerup etc.

I don't have VPAP Adapt ASV I have S9 VPAP Auto. Looked up the images

Also i'm on trial i don't buy any of these nor do i care for the money really. i will spend 100 grand to solve this problem
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW I have three settings - CPAP mode, ASV mode and ASVAuto mode. I can change PS, EPAP min, Max RAMP and start EPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep that is an ASV. Only the ASV has ASV and ASV Auto modes. This is one Sleeprider mentioned that treats Central and mixed Apnea, so what he said is correct.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 914 2 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 56 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 615 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.