Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Usage w/ SInus Infection
CPAP Usage w/ SInus Infection
Hey all,

Was curious as to what are some things other users do when using their CPAP whilst having a sinus infection?

Personally, its very hard for me to use. I use nasal pillows and my nose will get congested regardless because of laying down, I have not tried super high humidity and heat temperature settings but I have changed them some to no avail. Don't get me started with full face masks, the medium Resmed full facemask I have is such a pain to mitigate leaks especially when my mouth opens because of the congestion compromising the seal right under the lip. I sleep on my back often turning side to side and sometimes the seal becomes compromised as such and the leaks wake me up. On top, of still receiving dry mouth still because I have mouth breathe because of congestion, on top of blowfish cheeks.

As far as treating congestion, its only alleviated to a point, not 100% only maybe 60-70%. I use nasal rinses, flonase, prescription sinus medication (Alahist for the curious), etc. If I use something like affrin, my nasal passages become so dry the pressure of the air from the CPAP hurts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Usage w/ SInus Infection
If I have sinus issues, I switch to a full face mask from my customary nasal mask and increase the humidity.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2022, 01:20 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: If I have sinus issues, I switch to a full face mask from my customary nasal mask and increase the humidity.

What are your climate settings like? It's a hard balance to not get rainout for me, personally.
Post Reply Post Reply
Climate Cntl:  Manual
Tube Temp:    Off
Humidity Level : 8
I use a hose hanger and my machine is situated lower than my bed.

Best -- steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 517 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 286 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 1,020 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 694 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 757 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 506 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
  Sinus issues during therapy befoulmetalroosa 1 356 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.