Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Will a new ResMed Airsense 10 machine overwrite data on SD Card
Will a new ResMed Airsense 10 machine overwrite data on SD Card
I have been using a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP for a couple of years and storing sessions on an SD card.  Due to problems with that CPAP I have replaced it with a new ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP which didn't come with an SD card.

If I use the same SD card will the new machine overwrite all the session data from the previous CPAP?
Peter  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Will a new ResMed Airsense 10 machine overwrite data on SD Card
No it should keep all your records. If you are worried about it copy your card to the computer. I do that every few weeks In case the card becomes unreadable for any reason
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
cornishpd,
The best practice would be to purchase a new SD card for your new machine. Each machine has their own and separate serial number which is written to the SD card. And the cards are inexpensive.

Retire the old SD card and keep it in case you need it for some reason. As far as the data on it, you will also have a copy of that on OSCAR.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the SD card is from a Resmed into a new Resmed machine the SD card will be erased. So I suggest getting another card and keep your old Resmed card and machine as a spare
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone.  I can confirm if you put SD card with existing ResMed session data in the new CPAP it will prompt you:

SD card for another device detected, continue using SD card?:
   * Yes - Deletes all previous session data
   * No - Keeps previous sessions but prompted “Remove SD Card to continue therapy"

I have used a new SD Card for the new CPAP and kept the old SD Card.
Peter  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,714 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,495 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.