Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Experience about the the Evora FFM seal ?
Experience about the the Evora FFM seal ?
Hello,
because of mouth leaking, I use a F20 resmed mask every day, which I am rather satisfied with.

However, it marks the face and is quite annoying at night.
That's why I would like to switch to a FFM under the nose mask.
Unfortunately, my first two serious tests, with the Dreamstation FFM and the F30 from Resmed were failures. Indeed, I spent the night watching for the next leak. Which leak is very important.

Hence my question: what experiences with the EVORA under the nose mask? How does it compare to the other two, especially in terms of leakage?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Experience about the the Evora FFM seal ?
I’ve used the ResMed F20 AirFit and AirTouch plus the F30i also by ResMed. They all had significant leaking. The F20 was also painful across the bridge of my nose. 

The Evora by Fisher-Paykel turned out to be my dream mask. I have close to zero leaking and it is extremely comfortable for me. The Evora headgear has an adjustment on the top of the head in addition to the four that are typically found on full face masks. That additional adjustment allowed me to get a comfortable seal.

You won’t know how it will work until you try it. Most providers offer a thirty day free exchange. Finding the right mask can be tricky I went through five different masks before I found the Evora. Don’t settle for a mask that keeps you awake and doesn’t give you a comfortable seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much. It is so difficult to find the "right" mask.
It confirms me that I need to try it fast.

So far: 
disasters due to huge leaks: 
-Resmed P10, F30/30I, P20
-Dreamware FFM

Good result overall:
-Resmed F20. I have no leak even by bullying it during the night, and it saved my life. But it makes big marks on my face that last all day long. 

This is why I would like to have to operating masks.

Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm only a month into CPAP therapy and I went with the F&P Evora "under the nose" mask out of the gate.  I like to read at night and that mask would let me wear my glasses, but I'm also a mouth breather.  I've had no issues with leaks, even on my side.  Get the kit with the SM Med and Large masks.  I kept going back and forth between the Medium and Large.  Finally settled on the large.  As for comfort, I haven't tried any other masks, but I don't want to either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 414 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 102 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,579 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Cool Comparisons to F&P Evora Mask SheShells23 9 356 03-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.