Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP cleaner Respify [anyone buy this?]
RE: CPAP cleaner Respify [anyone buy this?]
Ozone will *not* clean your CPAP. It might kill you if you breath it however...
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Crap cleaner Respify [anyone buy this?]
(09-16-2018, 11:38 PM)CB91710 Wrote: One positive thing to say...
It works exactly as well as devices costing 6x as much Wink

Actually, it probably doesn't. I believe SoClean will kill bacteria on surfaces that are already sufficienly clean that no further sanitization is required. I doubt this will even to that. Sleeprider had the best comment, "don't buy, don't buy" which applies to both systems.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
+3 to don't buy...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Crap cleaner Respify
(09-16-2018, 08:53 PM)purpleh2 Wrote: on Ebay just put in a search --Respify  it will come up
its a small device  triangular  measures 3 inches  it would be great for traveling very small
and yes it does come with a Plastic Bag BUT THAT WOULD BE FOR traveling only
  While using it at home they tell you to buy a plastic sealed container with lid on, mine is 14 by 10 and 8 inches tall
Walmart $5-10

it is power by rechargeable Lithium battery expect to get 4-8 cleaning's before recharging its USB
and they say you get around 500 charges before you discard it
 It say you need to use it at least 2hr min each time for a full clean

So it is very handy, small and doesn't take up any space, for traveling it would be great plastic  bag and a the 3 inch device

From ebay -- • Active Air Works While you Relax, Eliminating Germs, Leaving CPAP Gear Fresh

• Works with ANY CPAP Mask/Hose Type

My only concern how do you know it really works, yes you smell the refreshing odor --activated oxygen

Activated Oxygen???? Oxygen does not have a smell (although Ozone does).  Ozone is considered to be an air pollutant and can cause respiratory issues in some individuals...
I would prefer to stick with the Benzyl Ammonium Chloride disinfectant wipes I can buy at Walmart for a couple bucks/roll of 75, and which also are said to kill 99.9% of all bacteria
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like there are a lot of people here who don't understand or appreciate the bacterial cleaning ability of an ionizer.  For anyone who's taken down  laundry that's been dried in the sunlight will appreciate it as a very clean smell.

As a former property manager, we always used a room ionizer to completely clean the apartment air before a new tenant moved in.

When SoClean came on the market, the price was the only thing that I didn't like.  Even the replacement filters for the SoClean are expensive.  It's no wonder that the directions tell you to leave it continuously hooked up to the CPAP and to run it every day.  I only hooked it up to my CPAP every 3 or 4 days, when the humidifier tank was empty.  Over the last couple of years, I've had no sinus issues since using the ionic SoClean.

Over the 2019 Thanksgiving weekend, Respify had a special price promotion.  The price is great and it works just as well as the super expensive SoClean.   A few days ago, I purchased a 16 qt locking / sealing Ziploc brand plastic container, so that I can include my whole CPAP machine in the cleaning process. 

"Don't knock it, till you've tried it."
Post Reply Post Reply
Ozone is a strong oxidizer. As such it damages many materials including electronics. It will be interesting to see how long your machine lasts. As for working as well as SoClean, how do you know? I researched Respify a while ago and found no referenced studies to support the claim. Even the lab studies for SoClean would never make it into a peer reviewed journal. As a microbiologist with decades of experience with just about every type of sanitizer, I'm quite comfortable knocking it without trying it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Think I'll just stick to Dawn dish soap and hot water.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
The use of an ozone "cleaner" will void the warranty on your Resmed equipment. I don't have the document to hand, but Resmed put out a notice a few weeks ago stating that any damage caused by the "cleaner" will not be covered by warranty.

Resmed recommend the use of mild detergent or soap and warm water. Nothing else.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the link to and the content to the Resmed document.

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...letter.pdf

January 8, 2020

To Our Valued Patient,

ResMed announced an update to its limited warranty that may affect whether you choose to use an ozone device with your ResMed machine and mask. Please review the detail of this update below.*ResMed user guides advise patients to periodically clean ResMed machines, components and masks with mild detergent and warm water only. Some patients choose to use other means to clean and/or disinfect their machines. With the increased use of ozone devices, ResMed has observed that prolonged and repeated use of an ozone device may eventually cause internal damage to a ResMed machine, leading to an increase in motor noise.Warranty update:Effective for sales of ResMed machines on or after February 1, 2020, ResMed’s limited warranty will exclude damage to ResMed machines caused by use of ozone devices. The limited warranty on ResMed masks, with the exception of ResMed AirTouch™products, will not be affected.    

ResMed is not taking a position on whether you should use an ozone device. That decision is up to you, as the patient, to balance the convenience of using an ozone device versus the likelihood of potential damage to your ResMed machine. ResMed is reinforcing the cleaning instructions in its machine user guide: periodic cleaning with mild detergent and warm water is all that is required with a ResMed machine, component or mask.This letter requires no action on your part.If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the manufacturer of the ozone device you are currently using or, for medical advice, your physician.

Sincerely,

Your home care provider
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Seems a lot of people don’t like the ozone cleaners!  
   I look at it as a supplement to your cleaning routine. I wash my tubing and mask once a week with dial anti bacterial hand soap using one of those long tube brushes ( good scrubbing ) , run hot water through it for three minutes, then let it dry. (Wipe mask daily)
   After it is completely dry I use the ozone cleaner , attaches to the end of the hose , put my mask in a bag and let it run (approx 30 minutes).
   I usually put it in my bathroom with the window open and close the door to avoid the odor.
   I Never use it directly on the machine as I never thought that was good for the motor.
   I feel you can’t be to careful When it comes to your health!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VirtuClean CPAP Ozone Cleaner moondoggy 16 4,536 03-08-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Purdoux [CPAP mask & hose cleaner] Mrzocor 2 591 06-24-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  New CPAP cleaner djfro 3 717 03-22-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: djfro
  [Equipment] CPAP cleaner recommendation smallur 14 3,960 09-22-2021, 08:11 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Resmed auto sense10 sounds like vacuum cleaner Beaumont1124 3 2,497 11-27-2020, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Mercergirl
Question [Equipment] SLEEP8 CPAP CLEANER srlevine1 4 2,538 05-18-2019, 10:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Another CPAP Cleaner Hits the Market Crimson Nape 26 10,913 03-01-2019, 02:15 PM
Last Post: japers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.