Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP clock drift enhancement for OSCAR (multiple time-dependent corrections)
RE: CPAP clock drift enhancement for OSCAR (multiple time-dependent corrections)
(01-12-2021, 11:53 AM)tungpust Wrote: @sawinglogz

Glad to hear clock drift enhancements are on the radar. Not sure I would want to enter a new clock drift correction every time I do a flash card dump, though. Just a per-profile set  of voluntary occasional  corrections would work best for me (just as described in OP)
I imagine for some machines with wifi, the machine clock can be possibly be queried or otherwise observed during download, and compared with computer network walltime. This would be a more automated approach that could easily be done along with each download. But for those of us that hand-carry the card to a computer for download, not having to enter a correction each time is essential.

You're exactly right. The idea would be to expand the underlying data structures for *allow* for a time correction at each import, but not require it.

When OSCAR can connect to a device and determine the clock skew, it can (eventually) automatically record such a correction. When you bother to write a correction down, OSCAR could (eventually) let you record it for that session, and interpolate (if desired) between this correction and the last correction you entered for all intervening sessions.

And following on what Arie said, we want to make it easy to enter an adjustment during the import as well as afterwards, when looking at the data.

As a fun data point: I had left my SleepU in a drawer for about a month. I used it without syncing to my phone. Then when I imported I discovered its clock had drifted by about 7 minutes! I sure wish I could tell OSCAR to adjust the oximetry timestamp for that one session...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP clock drift enhancement for OSCAR (multiple time-dependent corrections)
(01-12-2021, 01:24 PM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 10:32 AM)A KLERK Wrote: Isn't there a way to trigger all machines for synchronization? I try a cough plus movement...
Think of the motion clap board (right name?) used for the same purpose in movie industry...

But even armed with that knowledge, OSCAR doesn't make it easy for you to correct the relative timestamps for that night.

... not yet, I bet!
And, everything should be related to the PC-clock, which is the only accurate reference.
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2021, 10:32 AM)A KLERK Wrote: Isn't there a way to trigger all machines for synchronization? I try a cough plus movement...
Think of the motion clap board (right name?) used for the same purpose in movie industry...

I do use attempts to simultaneously do sharp inhalations as I abruptly do jerks upward with the accelerometer before "wearing" (affixing) it. The sigh and the coincident slight motion is far more accurate.  Startup delays in logging, as well as reaction time variations, come in to play. It occurs to me now to try not starting the oximeter until lying down and ready to sleep. Turn it on as simultaneously as possible with start of a large leak by lifting the mask. There will still be a logging start up lag for SpO2 data, but more nearly constant.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
I synch the flow graph as follows:

At the beginning of a session I will move my hand in synch with my breath up and down, and then I’ll hold my breath for 5 seconds, and hold my hand still.
Later I can use the timestamp of my IR-camera and the flat flow line in the graph and my hand being still to find out how much the graph needs to be shifted.

I also enter the real (camera) start time of me holding my breath in the note for that day in OSCAR (so I could resync that day when needed). 

I need to resync every few days. It's crazy in this day and age that a device like my Airsense 11 can't keep the correct time.

It would be nice if one wouldn't have to recalculate the shift every time. If one could enter the CPAP time and a source-time, OSCAR could calculate it itself.

I would be really happy if OSCAR would allow for a timeshift per day (forget about the interpolation for now)...

Two questions:

1. If I would let my ensurance company enable Wifi on it, would it keep the correct time?
2. When will OSCAR have this feature to enter a timeshift per night? It is really needed!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 84 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 202 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 322 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 211 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 311 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 751 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.