Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] how to reduce leaks, full face mask
RE: how to reduce leaks, full face mask
(07-16-2021, 12:27 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Are you in a supine position when the rapid respirations occur?  If so, what happens if you change to an elevated position?

Usually on my side I think...I haven't tried changing to elevated position--do you mean sitting up?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. There are foam wedges for this too.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2021, 12:50 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Yes.  There are foam wedges for this too.

OK, thanks. Are you suggesting this because it's generally helpful for sleep apnea, or specifically might help with the high resp. rate issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't mean for you to go out and spend money. The wedge pillow was just an example. Sorry! I need to learn to mind my own business. You are getting far better help from more knowledgeable members than me. I was just reading your posts and was curious if you had experimented with position to see if this may help reduce the tachypnea.

Please don't put your trust in anything I say. I'm the village idiot! Smile

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Earlier in this thread (post #47) I brought up issues of very high respiratory rate; a year later, it's still quite elevated (peaks over 40 every night) and would like to follow up. Not sure if I should start a new thread?

I do have GERD, as well as mild cardiomyopathy. My AHI is almost always well below 5, with a full face mask, and I use CPAP every night (Resmed Airsense Auto 10). Here are two recent screenshots (below), one zoomed out, and one zoomed in at one of the high respiratory events. 

I'm wondering if I should mention this to my GP doc, and/or my cardiologist, but would like to get as much info here as possible; if anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding Post #54, Red is most definitely NOT the village idiot but is engaging in self-deprecating humor.

Newmar - regarding post #55, if I were in your shoes, I would definitely mention to primary care doc, cardiologist and pulmonologist. They may have knowledge that might not be expected in their specialty fields -- ya never know! Also, your situation could pique their curiosity and they may decide to take it on as a project. Sometimes docs know each other and will consult or refer you. You know what I mean -- "I know a guy who knows a guy who - - - - ". Can't hurt, might help, and will demonstrate that you are serious about your health. Many people just go along for the ride but you don't want to be That Guy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the resp. rate shown in Oscar breaths per minute? The 0 to 50 scale on the left?
Post Reply Post Reply
>>> Is the resp. rate shown in Oscar breaths per minute? The 0 to 50 scale on the left?

Yes - although the way it's calculated can get confused if your exhale floats above and below the zero line.

Zoom in to see a close up view to verity.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 0 10 14 minutes ago
Last Post: ewriter
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 154 Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jake79
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,294 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 162 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 443 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 134 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 323 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.