Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP intolerance - What can be done?
RE: CPAP intolerance - What can be done?
Alex24 Wrote:Nasal pillows probably are the most NON claustrophobic, but the pillows always seem to leak badly. The question is how can you get those things to stay up your nose. Here is a simple solution.......rubber bands. Take a couple of bands and link them together (you will have to experiment with several lengths until you get it just right). Take one band, and double loop it around the left pillow, do the same with another set of bands around the right pillow. Then stretch them up to the top of your head strap and place the two bands into one of your adjustable head top straps. This will take up any slack and give you a firm seating that will not come out regardless of your pressure or how you move around at night. Again, try several sizes until you get a set of bands that work. It is easy and very inexpensive. I have used this method with a Hybrid mask and it works just fine. Try it, you might like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
zonk Wrote:
TheDuke,(time=1229046780) Wrote:There have been a lot of good responses. I have been a treated CPAP/BiPAP user for over 20 years, and about a year ago I was supplied with a ResMed Mirage Activa mask that I have found to be the most satisfactory mask I have ever used. The fact that it achieves a good seal with very little strap pressure is a delight. It stays in place overnight and has no leakage problems for me.
wow 20 years Congrats
Just started my second CPAP year , also happy with the Activa .
Post Reply Post Reply
zimlich Wrote:Zonk, you really are pulling up some old threads. Luckily for me my symptoms of EDS before diagnosis were so bad I would literally fall asleep carrying my breakfast to the table. I could hardly drive (and should never have), fell asleep in appointments and died for five hours every afternoon- nothing would wake me. So I had to make CPAP work for me, there were no excuses, no way to keep living the way I was. It took me awhile to find the right mask and to get titrated. After 3 3/4 years I am happy to say I have always been 100% compliant. I really had no choice and had the determination to make it work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPI (Expiratory pressure intolerance) on SH Michaely6 2 1,288 06-15-2019, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Michaely6

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.