Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP newbie
RE: CPAP newbie
I completely agree with bonjour to obtain a quality used machine. Supplier #2 secondwindcpap offers machines with low hours and a warranty. If the machine does not work out for you, there is a good chance they will help you with a trade for the one you need. Take a look at their Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for $389, or new for $539. Please consider calling them about your situation with the predominate central apnea diagnosis and the need to try CPAP, and whether they can help you upgrade if necessary. They sell the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV for $1319. My point is, they may be able to make this decision easy, and they have a customer service ethic second to none. We will learn what CPAP can do for your therapy within one to two weeks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, thanks everyone...

Will keep you posted of how I will proceed.

This board is awesome  and very helpful members...
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear experts:

one more thing about my report that worries me is the O2 denaturation, it seems that I had some time below 90% and 3 mins below 85%

is this something to worry about?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is something to watch, not worry about.
Since you are expressing concern, get a pulse-oximeter compatible with OSCAR (see the oximetry wizard in OSCAR) and occasionally monitor your O2 levels overnight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed with bonjour to watch it. Below 89% and longer than 5 minutes is the threshold to look for. If its duration is shorter and above 89% it's less of an issue. If the opposite happens, meaning 89% or lower and for 5 or more minutes, it should be brought to docs attention.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One more question for the experts:

Just bought a new machine(Resmed 10 Autoset) from a very reputable supplier, asked if it would be sealed and they said yes.
I get an email that the pressure was set and then it is shipped.

I got a little frustrated. As I want to make sure it is new and not a customer return.
Is this something normal, and how do I assure that no one used it?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thet are required to set it per the prescription.
Go into the Clinical menu, the "About" menu then view the run hours. This will tell you if it is new.
Post Reply Post Reply
Press the round button to turn it on. Then hold the round button and home button down at the same time for 5 seconds. You are now in the clinician menu. You will change settings here but you an Also see the run hours. Turn the round button and scroll done clear to the last option (about) press the round button and scroll go to hours press the round button.

The hours there can not be changed. It may show a couple hours where they tested it before giving it to you but that is all (8 hours = a nights use)
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok great thanks guys will check the hours before use.

the pressure was set 5 cm - 20 cm

is this a good start based on my report? The Dr. prescription did not have a set pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most PAP machines range 4-20 as default pressures. This is almost the same. They expect the Auto function to just take care of any apnea you throw at it. It is not an accurate way of treatment. You will still need to post OSCAR data and optimize settings as this is too generic of pressure settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 483 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 268 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.