Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP newbie, trying to avoid DMEs entirely. Need advice on what I'm doing.
RE: CPAP newbie, trying to avoid DMEs entirely. Need advice on what I'm doing.
While I love my DreamStation Auto, I would encourage you to get the ResMed For Her. My main reason for recommending the ResMed is because it's better accepted here on this board, and this board is where you'll get the best advice for your treatment.

It sounds like you've got a solid plan. I love the advice about going to a DME to explore mask options. Nothing beats the ability to try on masks, figure out which size will work for you, and try them all under pressure (of the machine).

Be prepared that you may switch masks at some point, and the mask you start with may not end up being the one that works best for you. If you can, it's a true short-cut to try them out in-person at a DME. My DME allows me to exchange a mask if I tell them within 30 days I'm not liking a mask - and I can do that indefinitely! My previous DME had a similar policy, but they'd only exchange them 3 times. Both are great policies, so you don't get stuck with a mask that really isn't working for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,830 6 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 303 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 134 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.