Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP or APAP
Question 
CPAP or APAP
I have been using CPAP for quite a while now but I bought an APAP machine for the extra features a few years ago but kept it on CPAP with my prescribed pressure of 13.

Recently I tried switching to APAP and set it to 8 to 18

It is really too early to tell  but the AHI seems to still be good but it feels weird compared to CPAP

Am I doing the right thing or should I just go back to my original settings?

Thanks for any advice  Smile

Regards

Denis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP or APAP
A pressure of 8-18 is a wide range.  Check to see where your 90% pressure reading has been and set your range around that number.  

If the Cpap pressure of 13 has been working for you, then a setting of 11min to 15 max may work.

Rule of thumb: Keep the minimum pressure 2cm below the 90% number and 2cm over.

Your profile states your using the AirStart. I thought in another thread you were changing to the AirSense. If so, please update your profile. Thanks.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2017, 06:38 AM)OpalRose Wrote: A pressure of 8-18 is a wide range.  Check to see where your 90% pressure reading has been and set your range around that number.  

If the Cpap pressure of 13 has been working for you, then a setting of 11min to 15 max may work.

Rule of thumb: Keep the minimum pressure 2cm below the 90% number and 2cm over.

Your profile states your using the AirStart.  I thought in another thread you were changing to the AirSense.  If so, please update your profile.  Thanks.

Thanks for that information  Smile

I have my new Airsense and I am very happy with it, first two nights my AHI has been around 0.9

Where do I find the 90% number?

Thanks

Denis
Post Reply Post Reply
If your using #SleepyHead, look on the daily page under stats, you will see the pressure ranges: min, med, 90% and max.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want the most effective help here you will need to post data. The daily charts from [url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url],  this is the software that people on the forum are used to working with, it provides a wealth of information about your treatment. There is a guide to using it here. Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead. Reports from other software would be ok if that is what you are using already. There are a couple of guides on how to post and organize your charts here. Posting an Image in 5 Easy Steps Organize your SleepyHead Charts. If you need more help with any aspect of posting data don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 367 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 568 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.