Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP settings: nasal mask, nasal pillows, full face
CPAP settings: nasal mask, nasal pillows, full face
Sort of a technical question. Using a Resmed Airsense 10, but the question could apply to any cpap machine.

The user settings require you to set your mask type: nasal, nasal pillows, full face.

My question is: in terms of the operation of the cpap machine itself, what do these settings actually do?  

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP settings: nasal mask, nasal pillows, full face
The difference in those mask types are intentional leaks and volume. That said I do not know specifically what the algorithms change.
The physics says the bigger the volume the slower the response time to recover or change to a new pressure simply because of the volume change.

Typically the larger masks have the higher intentional leak rate. A change increase in leak rate the blower must respond and because of needing to move more air the response will be slower.

The vendor could compensate for either of these algorithmically. Do they? I don't know.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP settings: nasal mask, nasal pillows, full face
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,763 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 157 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.