Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP settings recommendation?
CPAP settings recommendation?
Hi All,

Looking for some feedback regarding my CPAP settings. Last night was a good night of sleep, only woke up once and fell right back to sleep. Also got > 8 hours sleep, which is rare for me.

1. Based on last nights chart, are there any changes suggested for my settings? (EPR current set to 3) 

2. Should I be concerned about the leakage? (I’ve had a similar pattern for awhile, and the soft cervical collar didn’t make a difference on the 2-3 nights that I used it)

Thanks in advance!

[attachment=3865]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP settings recommendation?
I would try using a EPR of 2 and see if that knocks out some of the CA's along with the OA's. You have mouth leaks that are mostly below the red line. You might want to try a different size collar or a chin strap to see if that helps.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, will report back with EPR of 2...
Post Reply Post Reply
One night does not make a trend, but these number are very good and you said this is a "good" night.
These numbers say to make only small changes and try them for several days.

Keep in mind that increasing your EPAP (green line on pressure graph) will generally reduce obstructive events (Obstructive Apnea (OA), Hypopnea (H), Flow Limit (FL), Snores). This is done by increasing your min pressure or reducing your EPAP.
Decreasing your IPAP (red line on pressure graph) will generally reduce Clear Airway/Central Apnea (CA) events. Note that this is sometimes in conflict with improving your Obstructive events. Pressure changes (increases) also tend to cause CA events. You do not have a CA issue based on your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 120 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 229 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 264 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 937 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.