Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP supplies provider takes over 30 days to ship out a new mask
CPAP supplies provider takes over 30 days to ship out a new mask
I wear ResMed AirTouch F20, that has a memory foam cushion that can't be cleaned. It lasts at most 30 days before it starts leaking or is dirty.

I use my sleep doctors equipment provider that is next door to his office to get supplies. They don't offer automatic renewal of supplies each month. I always have to call them every 30 days to get a new cushion. So I call before 30 days, but they say they need to wait exactly 30 days to submit to insurance for new supplies and insurance has them wait until the 30th day to submit for new supplies. This delays me getting a new cushion/mask each month by a couple of weeks by the time they get approval and ship it out to me.

So I've only been able to get a new mask every 6 weeks at the earliest. This is unacceptable. I should be able to get a new mask every 30 days on the dot delivered to me. Anyone else have issues with their provider?
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP supplies provider takes over 30 days to ship out a new mask
Firstly, I could be completely wrong about this because I have never attempted it, but couldn't foam be cleaned in warm sudsy ammonia if left to soak for maybe ten minutes, rinsed several times (squeezing it dry each time), and then set in front of a fan or left outdoors under the eaves, but in moving air?  Or, tri-sodium phosphate, done precisely the same way?

Secondly, acquire two or more cushions now, and keep one for tweeny times when you have to wait. If you get resistance, you get another provider.....period.
Post Reply Post Reply
Due to Medicare rules, my guess is that your provider decided to completely do away with automatic calling and confirming.  Get a reminder on your computer or phone to call a day later.  In the meantime, get a couple of extras through an online retailer (will be way less cheaper).
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2019, 10:19 AM)MyronH Wrote: I wear ResMed AirTouch F20, that has a memory foam cushion that can't be cleaned. It lasts at most 30 days before it starts leaking or is dirty.

I use my sleep doctors equipment provider that is next door to his office to get supplies. They don't offer automatic renewal of supplies each month. I always have to call them every 30 days to get a new cushion. So I call before 30 days, but they say they need to wait exactly 30 days to submit to insurance for new supplies and insurance has them wait until the 30th day to submit for new supplies. This delays me getting a new cushion/mask each month by a couple of weeks by the time they get approval and ship it out to me.

So I've only been able to get a new mask every 6 weeks at the earliest. This is unacceptable. I should be able to get a new mask every 30 days on the dot delivered to me. Anyone else have issues with their provider?

If finances permit, bite the bullet and buy a couple of cushions from a commercial supplier.  Then schedule your MEDICARE replacements as normal.  It relieves a lot of stress and frustration. Hammer
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare allows my DME to order and ship on a quarterly basis. You may want to ask the DME if you can go that route.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2019, 02:08 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Medicare allows my DME to order and ship on a quarterly basis. You may want to ask the DME if you can go that route.

I order on a quarterly basis as well and only what I anticipate needing during the next quarter.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too order quarterly (Medicare), and if I happen to call a day or two too early then the DME schedules it to happen on the right day. 

It sounds like someone in your DME office is making up their own rules. I would look for a new DME, if they are unwilling to provide you with 90 days worth of supplies. Verify what they are saying with your insurance, if you are covered. 

I would also try washing or wiping the mask, use one of your discarded ones. Mix up a bowl of warm water and a bit of dish detergent and swish it thru the suds. Exactly what happens that makes it unusable in 30 days? Surely you could eek out another week or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME supplier keeps track of what I'm entitled to according to my insurance coverage. They let me know in advance that I'm due some supplies, what they are, and if I need them. 

They never ship me supplies unless I have approved it. They do have a program that ships automatically, but I opted out of that long ago when I first started dealing with them. 

For a supplier of DME, I have no regrets as a customer.  Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 150 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.