Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Average leak readings
Average leak readings
I am waiting for an answer from the woman that works for the company where I got my Luna CPAP from but I am questioning how the leak readings can change on the unit? There are two readings, one says "95% leak" while the other just says "avg. leak". The first one is very small like 0.06 but the other one goes from 0.0 to 1.0 up to 4.0 and in between, it has been around 3.0 or 4.0 the last few days which is higher than normal, the only difference is that I put on a new nasal mask last week, but I torqued the headgear down, don't hear or feel any leaks yet the number went up? I think one time she told me awhile ago as long s it doesn't go over 5 don't worry about it, and I'm sure she'll get back to me, but I wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts on it?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Average leak readings
The 95 is probably a percentile and not a percent.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Average leak readings
The woman got back to me and her answer was "as long as leaking is less than 24L/M we're not too concerned" so I guess 4.0 is fine.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 30 5 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 151 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.